HD-215 en route to me
Mar 18, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 32
They're here. First impressions: they are pretty ugly.
rolleyes.gif
haven't had enough time to evaluate sound. They are pretty comfortable, but again, not enough time for a proper opinion. I'll update soon.

Mar 18, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 32
ouch, that bad huh? I take full responsibility for recommending them. They look pretty cool from pix tho, hmmm

Mar 18, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 32
they look cool to me too spike33:

sennheiserhd2154vv.jpg

The cans remind me of tonka truck wheels. kind of an tough urban look. the metallic DJ rotating joints are very cool looking too. I wonder if the bass on these is super powerful. Will await your review =).

Mar 18, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
ouch, that bad huh? I take full responsibility for recommending them. They look pretty cool from pix tho, hmmm

They're not so bad. I just wish that they were slightly more streamlined in their design. But it doesn't matter how they look as long as they sound good...More on that later, I'm going to let them burn in some today.
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 32
A new closed headphone from Sennheiser; it's good to see that they are already available for purchase.

The Monkey, do you have a digital camera to take some real life pics? They look like an X-Men accessory though (just replace the silverish Sennheiser emblem by a big X). But first and foremost, how do they sound?

Mar 18, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
A new closed headphone from Sennheiser; it's good to see that they are already available for purchase.

The Monkey, do you have a digital camera to take some real life pics? They look like an X-Men accessory though (just replace the silverish Sennheiser emblem by a big X). But first and foremost, how do they sound?

I'll have pictures and a first review by tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
I'll have pictures and a first review by tomorrow.

That's the kind of answer I was hoping for
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #12 of 32
Hopefully they sound better than the HD 280s.
280smile.gif

Well if they don't then it is a waste of money. I froogled the price of a HD 215 and the lowest that I got was $89. You can get a brand new HD 280 for $70.

Mar 27, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 32
So what's the deal with the 215's? I'm looking for a pair of closed phones and was considering the 280s before the 215s came out. I was wondering if it was worth it to get the 215s...

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lithos
Hopefully they sound better than the HD 280s.
280smile.gif

Well if they don't then it is a waste of money. I froogled the price of a HD 215 and the lowest that I got was $89. You can get a brand new HD 280 for $70.

Newegg had them listed at $70 a short while ago, then pulled them off the online shelf. Now they're back at $89 too, but they've included some decent pictures. ( Sennheiser HD215 Closed Back DJ Headphone -RETAIL

Quote:

Originally Posted by donut
So what's the deal with the 215's? I'm looking for a pair of closed phones and was considering the 280s before the 215s came out. I was wondering if it was worth it to get the 215s...

I'm still thinking they're a successor to the HD212 pro DJs. The 212 box was marked with "DJ" and now the 215 box is marked with "Extreme DJ". If that's all true, it should have rattling
basshead.gif
bass like the 212's. I remember the 212s as having a slight veil in sound when compared to other cans before amping, but the 215's will hopefully bring a clearer sound.

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I'm still thinking they're a successor to the HD212 pro DJs. The 212 box was marked with "DJ" and now the 215 box is marked with "Extreme DJ". If that's all true, it should have rattling
basshead.gif
bass like the 212's. I remember the 212s as having a slight veil in sound when compared to other cans before amping, but the 215's will hopefully bring a clearer sound.

I dont think they are a successor to the hd212's because on the Sennheiserusa.com site they have a new hd201 which is cheap like the hd212's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back