Hawaii Head-Fiers
Jun 2, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 13
unless you got like a case of budlight, I don't think I could be critical of your system. lol
listen and enjoy brah, don't worry about what others think.
aloha,
md

Jun 2, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 13
hey pig,
I would love to come hear your system but i am in colorado now! I guess i should change my location info--but i'll always be a hawaii boy at heart. congrats on completing the system--give us the run-down of components
jeremy

Jun 2, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 13
Awesome jeremy! I had hoped to get together again before you left but best of luck anyway! Hope things are going well.

millerdog, this has nothing to do about worrying what others think. The thing is, when you listen to your system day in and day out, tunnel vision can set in, so some constructive comments from a few fresh ears can be helpful if not fun. Oh and BTW, no Bud Lites here, but I always have Coronas on hand...

Jun 2, 2002 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 13
I would of course love to check out the system. Now the hard part is finding a breathing spot in my summer school workload. Hopefully one of my weekends will open up soon. Hey this is starting to sound like another Headfi meet!
wink.gif
If so, millerdog, you should seriously consider attending.

So jeremy, you're living in Colorado now? Damn yo, was hoping we could've done another meeting. But good luck with your new life! After the last meet you will definitely be sorely missed.

Jun 2, 2002 at 9:46 AM Post #6 of 13
Vertigo,
I just wanted to SEE your R10s...oh well...
Let me know about a meet, I'm interested. If Pigm can light up the hibachi, I'm there!
By the way Pigmode, where are you exactly?
md

Jun 2, 2002 at 10:02 AM Post #7 of 13
Would be great to get you in on the action millerdog...I'd haul my Sugden along if we did a meet, I'd love to hear how your Grado 325s and pigmode's AKG-501s sound out of it.

Jun 2, 2002 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 13
Vert,
I was doing a search and actually would rather you bring along your JMT amps. In your pics, they look nice. I am bothering him about configurations and feel I am getting on his nerves!
Hmmmmm...What is a head-fi meet like?
A bunch of guys standing around grinning with headphones on their heads? One guy with headphones on while others stand around him waiting nervously for approval?
lol
looking forward to meeting you guys,
md

Jun 2, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 13
If you're that nervous about a meet
tongue.gif
you can take a look at this thread about the last meet we had, along with pics:

http://head-fi.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=5040

As you can see, everybody is having tons of fun.
biggrin.gif
But actually the way you described it was the way I imagined it to be at first! But that's not how it is at all. Listening is hardly the funnest part, the funnest and most amazing part is actually sitting around and yacking about sound. Believe me, it's one thing to type about it, but it's quite something else to actually yak about it. You'll be like "whoa, I can't believe I'm talking about how something sounds!". I still get that feeling everytime I actually talk to another human being about how something sounds. That's where you'll really feel like a red blooded audiophile.
wink.gif

And of course I'd be happy to take along my Cmoys and the Altoid. No problemo. I wouldn't worry too much about getting on JMT's nerves (ok worry a bit.
evil_smiley.gif
). If anybody got on his nerve it would've been me...I sent my Cmoy back nearly 5 times for tweaks!

Jun 2, 2002 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 13
sign me up...
I'm what's called a thinker-doer-thinker-doer.
md
(edit) after seeing you buggahs I think I'm going to change my screen name to Molepo!
I thought us audiofilets were supposed to live in caves with portable generators?
You guys are HUMAN! So much for my X files expectations..lol
md

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog

(edit) after seeing you buggahs I think I'm going to change my screen name to Molepo!

A what?
cool.gif

This is starting to sound interesting. I'm anxious to here the Sugden, and the last time I checked, the old Melos was working. I'll start a thread in the appropriate forum a little later. I was thinking near the end of June. Any thoughts on that?

Jun 4, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 13
I am good for anytime...no school.
The only thing I could bring would be my Audio Technica A9X and some rib eye steaks.
Oh, you guys could also hear how outrageously loud the line out is from the sony D5A.
keep me informed,
md

Jun 4, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #13 of 13
Mamo...moke...moku...hmmm nothing in the hawaiian pigin english dictionary about molepo...aw well, must be some kind of college preppy woid
cool.gif

Buta, sound like an awsome system you got...
As things look i'm destin to remain a care giver even more so for elderly family members and as such this makes free time much too iffy for me and to add to things my right eye retna has become detached requiring laser surgery...getting old myself it seems...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back