Having troubles with my E500's
Dec 26, 2006 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Brian Kinney

Head-Fier
It seems the base has totally dropped off, not sure if there is a problem with the base driver on the phones or whats happening. Songs with alot of base like tracks from Thom Yorke's Eraser really seem to sound not good at all, the base sounds really hollow and high and I'm sure they never used to be like this. Anyone else experience anything similar? The highs seem to sound normal though.

Dec 26, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you changed your tips or made any changes to how you insert them? It sounds like a textbook seal problem.

Dec 26, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 7
I agree, sounds like a seal problem. If and only if you exhaust all tip options and are sure that the problem is not seal related then you might consider the possibility that one of the bass drivers has failed. Note that if a driver has failed the low bass defect will be heard on only one side (unless one driver on each side has failed and the probabilty of that is too low to be serioulsy considered) so that should help clue you in to whether you actually have a hard failure or not.

Also verify that your source is not causing the problem of course.

Dec 26, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 7
What is your source? It could be a seal problem as well. You should try the foam tips because they will give a perfect seal 90% of the time.

BTW, it is bass, not base
etysmile.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #7 of 7
a little off-topic, my ear canals are small, so really the foam tips are the only ones that I have tried that have worked. Has anyone tried comply tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back