Having problems with 5G Ipod Video
Sep 22, 2008 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JerryJ

100+ Head-Fier
I have a 5Gen. Ipod Video that is starting to give me problems. Sometimes when I pause it or try to turn it off I get a screen message saying

"FireWire connections are not supported. To transfer songs, connect the USB cable provided. Press Center to dismiss".

I have to press the center several times, and sometimes it still won't clear at all. I get this message sometimes while its playing and I haven't touched anything. Also, sometimes I can't even turn it off - I just have to wait for it to go to sleep, and it runs the battery down. There are times when I plug the cable in to sync with my computer, the ipod will charge but the computer does not recognize it unless I wiggle the plug at the ipod.

I think the Logic Board (Mainboard) may be bad, cracked or something. Anyone got any ideas?

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 11
When your Ipod won't turn on, turn off, or get an error message, Press the middle button & the menu button at the same time for about 5-10 secs. Wait for it to restart & you'll be good to go.

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 11
Sep 26, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #8 of 11
If it was me I would connect it as an external drive, reformate the disk completly, then plug it into itunes and let it be recognised as a new ipod

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Doesn't the Ipod have some sort of OS that would be lost, and therefore keep it from being recognized by Itunes. This is what happened to me with a Creative Zen Xtra & it's still setting in a drawer.

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back