Having problem with Shuffle
Apr 18, 2005 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bjjp2

100+ Head-Fier
Have never had problem with any of my iPod's before (2G, 4G and mini) but am having a weird problem with my new Shuffle. It worked fine for the first couple of times I used it. Loaded songs, listened to it etc. Now when I plug it into my USB ports, it flashes orange and does not get recognized. The only advice I can see on line for this type of thing is to use the iPod updater to restore it, but I can't do this because the computer doesn't recognize the Shuffle. I have tried this on 3 different computers now (all running XP) and am having same problem. (And yes, all USB ports are powered). Any ideas or workarounds?

Apr 18, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 4
yeah I got a shuffle friday and it was having problems from the start, I never got to load any songs on it since it kept ejecting itself out of itunes so I tried the restore thing and then my computer didnt recognise it at all, so I had to go to another xp machine to try and restore it, it was recognised on this computer but when trying to restore the firmware it said it failed because of a disk write error. Anyway I requested a replacement one last night from apples support section and it was sent off today(then I get to send them the broken one or my credit card will be charged for the full price of the shuffle). You are in a similar situation, I'm sure you can get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back