having problem with choosing headphone
Nov 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

NEETnoNEED

New Head-Fier
HI all, just recently decide to buy a new ATH headphone, i'm getting confused with these wooden beauties .. i just wandering if u guys can help me choosing within W1000X, W3000ANV and ESW10( but dont really think i could find these two ), i going to listen some jpop.  thank you :)

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 16
You called it.  Only the W1000X can still be found (without a great deal of searching, luck & cash).

In a more perfect world, the W3000ANV would be the winner for most everyone.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_ATHW3000ANV

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 16
  cheers mate, just really hard find 3000ANV, which will find it in a nasty price.

THE w1000x and W3000 ANV are a little different headphones

the W3000 ANV are very warm and tubey! How ever the W1000x is... a warm headphone but very detailed and neutral. A modded w1000x is well currently my favorite closed headphone like EVER. It compares very favorably agains't my fully balanced Beyer Dt 880! 

I have found my modded w1000x to bea the Akg K550, the Shure 840, the Sound Magic HP 100... time after time It supirses me I highly recommend it and I HIGHLY recommend you mod it! 

Also Pads make a big differance. L3000 pads are very resolving and neutral... and J$ Pads add some NICE bass to the headphones. So again Buy em, Purrin Mod am and then pick your posion when it comes ot pads :3 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 16
  Thank u mate, i'm using a tub amp, not really have an ATH headphone before, and thats why i have decided to buy a ATH headphone, hopefully they will work well together :)

The w1000x is highly sensitivite and has very low impedance SO make sure your tube amp has LOW gain, as ANY noise will be picked up by the w1000x. I liked it with tubes but it got to noisy for me after a while ;3 

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 16
Incurrently using K701 with the tube amp, which works very well.
smily_headphones1.gif
and I was thinking why not going to something else
smily_headphones1.gif

There you go! 

I'm currently on a BALANCED ONLY fixation... seeing as I paid $600 for a balanced amp I now feel the need to balance EVERYTHING I own so there are VERY little balanced Tubes that play nice with low impedance headphones I have found [due to the large amount of Power on tap for Balanced amps, and the noise floor that sometimes comes with said power]

That said I might be getting a D2k [or 5k] so I might dabble in SE Tubes again! 

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 16
There you go! 

I'm currently on a BALANCED ONLY fixation... seeing as I paid $600 for a balanced amp I now feel the need to balance EVERYTHING I own so there are VERY little balanced Tubes that play nice with low impedance headphones I have found [due to the large amount of Power on tap for Balanced amps, and the noise floor that sometimes comes with said power]

that's why people get dragged into the deep hole XD:dt880smile:

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #12 of 16
There you go! 

BTW, I think I'll go get the ESW9 first to pair up with myD50and PHA1,then maybe buy3000ANV(might cost me 1600 dollar or something around it :frowning2: damn u ATH, why so many LTD edition !

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 16
BTW, I think I'll go get the ESW9 first to pair up with myD50and PHA1,then maybe buy3000ANV(might cost me 1600 dollar or something around it
frown.gif
damn u ATH, why so many LTD edition !

Try the w1000x [with mods] first before you DIVE into the 3000ANV though! [save ur wallet a little bit of pain] 

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 16
  Try the w1000x [with mods] first before you DIVE into the 3000ANV though! [save ur wallet a little bit of pain] 

thank u for ur tips Mshenay,
just bought ESW9 on amazon, will arrive on friday :D. i think that should give a good conclusion, and btw the reason i'm going to buy an ATH headphone not only i wanna some new headphone, also because one of my bestfriend is an ATH nerd..

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #15 of 16
  thank u for ur tips Mshenay,
just bought ESW9 on amazon, will arrive on friday :D. i think that should give a good conclusion, and btw the reason i'm going to buy an ATH headphone not only i wanna some new headphone, also because one of my bestfriend is an ATH nerd..

the esw9 is very mid heavy lke the w3000, with the W3 being much more refined ofc. So I'd think a ws9 and w1000x would compliment each other nice, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back