Having ipod problems
Aug 30, 2005 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mtbaird5687

100+ Head-Fier
Sometimes my ipod will just skip a song and go onto the next one. How do i prevent this? I go back to the song but it skips the next one again. Its just one song out of a whole CD and now i just found aonther song.

I just upodated the firmware, could i have messed something up?

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Did you rip them yourself? The iPod can be finicky with tags, etc. and if you downloaded the files they may be corrupted yet still play fine in iTunes, etc. but not the iPod.

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 7
right, i had the same situation a couple of times before.

Aug 30, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbaird5687
Sometimes my ipod will just skip a song and go onto the next one. How do i prevent this? I go back to the song but it skips the next one again. Its just one song out of a whole CD and now i just found aonther song.

So it is limited to specific songs, yes? Try re-ripping those songs. Do you rip to Apple Lossless? My 3G iPod will sometimes randomly skip a couple of seconds into an ALAC track. I think it is some sort of cache problem as many of my songs will exceed or closely approach the limit of iPod's memory.

Aug 31, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Transcoding is not ideal, but if you have downloaded corrupted files that play fine in iTunes, you can transcode to another MP3 or AAC and that will hopefully take care of your issues. Start with 1.5 the original bitrates to give a little overhead.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 7
aight i may do that.

now that i think aboutn it this only has happened now that i updated my firmware. i just updated with 6-26-05 firmware. anywayt o go back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back