Having CX300, Looking for upgrade (with bass)
Oct 3, 2007 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Skillz

New Head-Fier
Hi,

A while ago I bought the V-Moda Vibes and while the details are rich, I was really dissapointed with the light bass. My music preference is Rap/Hihop, which I like hearing with big bass, because, it's all about the beats.

After that I bought the CX300's which opened up a world for me, the details are worse compared to the Vibes, but the bass is incredible. I've read somewhere the CX300 have a +12db bass incr?

The problem is however after hearing the Vibes and the details I never heard before (only had worse headphones before these, eg Sony EX71's), I'm looking/hoping for a pair of in-ear headphones that will give me both of best worlds:

- A rich bass, meaning bass I can 'feel', so I guess slighty 'overdone' bass.
Preferably more detailed than the CX300's and I'm willing to sacrifice some
+db if that means getting more detail, but not as low bass as the Vibes.

- Mid and High detail comparable to the Vibes.

After reading some reviews on other in-ears, like the Shures and super.fi's, I'm afraid I'll still be dissapointed with them because I like more bass compared to "natural sound".

What about the Q-Jays? I read they have a slight +db incr on bass?

I'd love to hear some possible suggestions from you guys.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 12
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!

MylarOne X3 or XB..or ultimate ears super.fi 5 pro/eb

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super Fi 5 EB.

x2 EB's are said to have a LOT of bass.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 12
Super Fi 5 EB's are from what I've read pretty close to perfect
...if it wasn't for the SIZE!...

X2 EB's...which one are these?
From Mylar? Previously the XB?

Still interested in the Q-Jays, but would like to hear from someone on how
the bass sounds.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 12
I can't believe I'm the first to recommend the Future Sonics Atrio M5s. Rich, deep bass ... drums have impact ... details are still there. Can be had for considerably less than the $199 list price -- check roaddogonline (directly, or via eBay), then check at least part of the Future Sonics thread on Head-Fi.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #9 of 12
I think the Super.fi 5 EB is appropriate for you, if the Vibes didn't have enough bass, then those are about your only option out there that I know of. Granted I haven't heard the Atrios, but if you want bass, the EBs are your best bet.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 12
Agh, am I the only one who feels the EB's bass is fake sounding? To me it sounded artificial, very very artificial.. it's all MID BASS. Exagerated mid bass sounds just awful. It was completely lacking the lower frequency bass. I couldn't stand the sound signature of the EB. But not only that, they look/feel rediculous.

I too am looking for an IEM that has exceptional detail with a ton of bass, and as of yet I STILL haven't found any.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agh, am I the only one who feels the EB's bass is fake sounding? To me it sounded artificial, very very artificial.. it's all MID BASS. Exagerated mid bass sounds just awful. It was completely lacking the lower frequency bass. I couldn't stand the sound signature of the EB. But not only that, they look/feel rediculous.

I too am looking for an IEM that has exceptional detail with a ton of bass, and as of yet I STILL haven't found any.

sounds like atrio m5's for you my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back