Having a problem with EMU0404 and Foobar.
Dec 1, 2007 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jellybones

500+ Head-Fier
I'm running a PCI EMU0404 with Foobar2000 ASIO. Also using the FofR Configuration (v0.9.1). My problem is whenever I'm browsing and opening up a new tab or a new page..I get a little big of lag in my playback..Like the music stutters a bit. Is this due to a lack of RAM? I have less than 1GIG installed. My computer is an older Dell Dimension 2400. Anything I can do to help with this?

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 4
In general, glitches in playback often happen when a soundcard buffer runs dry. There can be several causes.

here are some general suggestions:

- Increase buffering between Foobar and the audio driver. I don't use Foobar now, so I can't give details.

- If you are using an aggressive anti-virus like Norton, turn off the background scanning function. You can leave the rest of Norton on: email scanning, MS office document scanning and daily or weekly system scans.

- Foobar may also have a way to set the amount of audio data it keeps in memory at a time.

- Use the Windows task manager to see what's using resources in your system. (For Win XP, press ctrl-Alt-Del and it pops up.)
That will help you see what's going on and what causes the skips.
Look at the Processes tab and the Performance Tab.
-----
You didn't say which OS you are using. That matters.

bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back