Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,411 of 2,486
Guys, I have a problem it's a dissaster, please help, somehow, the cable near jack plug is damaged, so I have no sound in the left ear not even a single silent tiny sound, nothig. Has anyone ever tried to rejack them, It is not a problem for me with regular IEM's but here we have 4 separate cables and no way to peak into original jack... Once again, please help.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,412 of 2,486
  Guys, I have a problem it's a dissaster, please help, somehow, the cable near jack plug is damaged, so I have no sound in the left ear not even a single silent tiny sound, nothig. Has anyone ever tried to rejack them, It is not a problem for me with regular IEM's but here we have 4 separate cables and no way to peak into original jack... Once again, please help.

MAYDAY! HAVI DOWN! Seriously speaking though, yes these can be reterminated. I haven't personally done it, but I distinctly recall a user that posted theirs in this forum that had a reterminated plug. Good luck, I hope whoever has done that before steps forward to help you out.

EDIT: The user here I mentioned is @Eddie C. He noted in this post that he has reterminated before as well as recabled (which is what is shown off in the post). Maybe try dropping him a message and he'll help you figure out how to fix yours.

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,414 of 2,486
Well I got my Havis 3 weeks ago and my pairing of x2 and NX1 seems to have blown the right side . The bass just sounds distorted and fluttery at med - high volume :confused:

Loved them whilst they lasted, dunno whether to invest in another set if they blow out that easily

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,415 of 2,486
Well I got my Havis 3 weeks ago and my pairing of x2 and NX1 seems to have blown the right side . The bass just sounds distorted and fluttery at med - high volume :confused:

Loved them whilst they lasted, dunno whether to invest in another set if they blow out that easily

It's weird that there are many cases people wrecked their pair. I think B3's cable look pretty solid and as I remember, it was claimed to be made by kelvar.

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,417 of 2,486
I was curious about the new packaging so I contacted Penon. They are saying that "only the packaging and the accessories changed" and that this change took place "over half a year" ago. 

Quite interesting. It does seem as if the new package doesn't necessarily indicate the updated tuning in that case. That's a pitty, would've been an easy way to know if one ordered the new tuning or not....

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,418 of 2,486
Quite interesting. It does seem as if the new package doesn't necessarily indicate the updated tuning in that case. That's a pitty, would've been an easy way to know if one ordered the new tuning or not....

IMO you should post the back of the box photo (showing us the specs) Peter. Because sensitivity levels were changed for the recent version
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #1,419 of 2,486
IMO you should post the back of the box photo (showing us the specs) Peter. Because sensitivity levels were changed for the recent version :wink:

Here's the side of the box :

To make the confusion complete Penon list sensitivity at 115dB while the new package says 95dB :wink:

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,420 of 2,486
Here's the side of the box :

To make the confusion complete Penon list sensitivity at 115dB while the new package says 95dB
wink.gif

Same package as mine which is a year old. Suggests their sensivity maybe hasnt changed at all and the hearing differences could be due to individual differences between the earphones as every unit seems to sound slightly different!

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1,421 of 2,486
Same package as mine which is a year old. Suggests their sensivity maybe hasnt changed at all and the hearing differences could be due to individual differences between the earphones as every unit seems to sound slightly different!

I think that's highly unlikely.

More likely explanations is that they made the changes already a year ago when the new package was introduced or that they made the changes without changing the package (if they still had stock of it).

Also the change in tuning is more than subtle and this is not just something I've made up, it's changes that I've been informed of and that's exactly in line with what I'm hearing.

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,422 of 2,486
I think that's highly unlikely.

More likely explanations is that they made the changes already a year ago when the new package was introduced or that they made the changes without changing the package (if they still had stock of it).

Also the change in tuning is more than subtle and this is not just something I've made up, it's changes that I've been informed of and that's exactly in line with what I'm hearing.

I just meant that I remembered a poster here who had 3 different sounding Havis...

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,423 of 2,486
I just meant that I remembered a poster here who had 3 different sounding Havis...

Yes I know, that's exactly why I asked for confirmation before posting about it in the first place.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,425 of 2,486
My Havis are alive, thanks to Eddie C, thank You once again mate for best ever advice :) and thanks to Midgetguy who found Eddie for me, thank You guys :)

Congratulations! I'm listening to Skyharbor on my Havis as I type this. These really are special IEMs and the thought of mine dying makes me quite sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back