Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
May 3, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #856 of 2,486
+3
Got to borrow the Supra 2s from friend for a day. They really do for excellently and isolate well! Sound-wise, while I feel that technically they're quite a bit superior to the Havis, somehow they didn't blow me away. The Havis just sound.. Sweeter? For the music I was listening to anyway. Perhaps the mids were comparatively more forward just a little. Said friend was giving me a good price for them even but I just didn't like it enough to warrant paying that much.

Now the FLC8 on the other hand..

For me, the reason would probably be exactly that: slightly more forward mids in comparison. For me, it's that vocal presentation of the Havi's. There's just something about it even though I think it's technically outdone by the Supra 2s. I saw them up for sale here on Head-Fi and it was just too good of a deal for me to pass on. No regrets really. My wallet hates me but it's done so ever since I joined Head-Fi
tongue_smile.gif

May 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #857 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Whatsa matter MG, got G.A.S.?  Word of advice: Don't ever get involved in Guitars and Amps.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #859 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Yeah. I was too lazy to type Midgetguy....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #860 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Okay, at 250 Hrs the Bass has slightly stepped forward, a little more cohesive and some "solidness" to it. I don't detect any other changes, it is still very linear. If I was going to use it extended periods there would have to be some EQing or at least a Bass Boost involved. I am NO Basshead either. It's just that The Havi is a VERY well-behaved Gentlemanly Headphone. Unfortunately, my inner person really wants to be VIOLATED by it. Will check back at 300 Hrs. But I do believe this phone has "Settled" as much as it is going to.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #861 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Okay, at 250 Hrs the Bass has slightly stepped forward, a little more cohesive and some "solidness" to it. I don't detect any other changes, it is still very linear. If I was going to use it extended periods there would have to be some EQing or at least a Bass Boost involved. I am NO Basshead either. It's just that The Havi is a VERY well-behaved Gentlemanly Headphone. Unfortunately, my inner person really wants to be VIOLATED by it. Will check back at 300 Hrs. But I do believe this phone has "Settled" as much as it is going to.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Well THAT took a turn.....For a while, I ran my B3s with bass boost out of my Fiio E6, then I just stopped bothering at some point. Continues to sound great. If you're looking for some deep insertion, then I'd recommend the Supra 2 easily. They are some damn good looking IEMs to boot.

May 4, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #864 of 2,486
Got my B3 Pro2 order changed to Pro1. Thanks for your help folks, cheers

I think you'll be very happy when they arrive. Just make sure to give them some juice!

May 4, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #865 of 2,486

I think you'll be very happy when they arrive. Just make sure to give them some juice!

Thanks, looking forward to it. 

On an off topic, your gear list looks very much like my wish list for the near future; MA750, K7xx (or Fidelio L2), Picollo, E12A, et al!
Will be looking to get E12A some time this year. Do let me know if and when you decide to sell later on :wink:

Cheers

May 4, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #866 of 2,486

On an off topic, your gear list looks very much like my wish list for the near future; MA750, K7xx (or Fidelio L2), Picollo, E12A, et al!
Will be looking to get E12A some time this year. Do let me know if and when you decide to sell later on :wink:

Cheers

Thanks, and you could do a lot worse than the list you're eyeing. No plans on selling the E12A. It really is a keeper! 

May 4, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #867 of 2,486

Cheers

It's a good-looking list. The K7xx isn't my cup of tea, but if the Fidelio L2 is anything like a portable version of the Fidelio X1, then it's a very good choice!

May 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #868 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
So "Here we are again, Looking for something to get us in the mood...." @300 Hours I'm considering this a done deal. Amazingly the Bass has filled out and refined itself slightly from the 250 Hour Mark, (placebo? I don't know. I was listening to Trance for about 400 Miles or so of driving last night on my IE8's and my ears are still funny). All in all the Havi boast a Very Clear Linear presentation. They NEED power but I have found not in excess, with Volume and Bass Boost these can be driven into distortion. This means "like Evian in the Deep Blue Sea" You aren't going to be jamming LOUDLY with the Purple ONE or Trance, EDM material. Also I'm finding that over-ear Phones generally aren't the best fitting (for me) and difficult to put on. I'm gravitating heavily towards downcabled IEMs. Just my preference.

However these are very well suited for quiet, precise listening maybe Vivaldi or something acoustic by Segovia. At their Pricepoint they are a NO BRAINER. But if you wanna cough up some Extra $$$$ the Titan 1s Absolutely Destroy the Havi's on so many of my preference levels and are still at a very reasonable Pricepoint. The Titans are the closest Phone that I have to the Havi price. My wife has Taken possession of my AKG 374s. Turns out she is quite the little Basshead
biggrin.gif
. Which in itself is Weird as AKG are NOT generally associated with Bass-heavy Phones.

The Havi probably won't make my regular listening rotation, but they will make a fine comparison tool for future purchases, and maybe some nice quiet-time listening on my home equipment.

These are strictly Opinions based on my personal preferences, some may agree, some may not. But that is what forum discussions are for.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #869 of 2,486
Brief question in regards to the B3 Pro 1, as we wait in the anticipation for the B6.
smily_headphones1.gif
 Is there anything that has possibly a tad less fatiguing treble with similar characteristics, and possibly lack of needing to worry with traits such as quality control? I considered ATH IM70 and IM02.

As for the B3, I am starting to love them more and more. Channel imbalance seems less noticable, the whole bass related "fart" issue is still there (I have contacted LMUE and opened a support ticket and emailed a few times and they are yet to respond.) but overall, even for a partially faulty unit, this is doing very well. I might consider looking more into IEMs with offerings from Vsonic and offer sellers to see what I am to be offered.

May 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #870 of 2,486
  Brief question in regards to the B3 Pro 1, as we wait in the anticipation for the B6.
smily_headphones1.gif
 Is there anything that has possibly a tad less fatiguing treble with similar characteristics, and possibly lack of needing to worry with traits such as quality control? I considered ATH IM70 and IM02.

As for the B3, I am starting to love them more and more. Channel imbalance seems less noticable, the whole bass related "fart" issue is still there (I have contacted LMUE and opened a support ticket and emailed a few times and they are yet to respond.) but overall, even for a partially faulty unit, this is doing very well. I might consider looking more into IEMs with offerings from Vsonic and offer sellers to see what I am to be offered.

smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me more about this "Bass Fart". Would this be the same Distortion I experienced when using Pretty good Volume/power levels and Eqing High Bass/ sub Bass Levels or adding a Bass Boost? I'm beginning to think that even though these are inefficient, you CAN overdrive the Balanced Dynamics with TOO MUCH, (too much Power, too much Volume, too much Bass). My pair received in the new Packaging Have little or no Channel imbalance, at least that I noticed.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back