Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 6, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #421 of 2,486
Got this website to thank for my purchases of Havi B3 Pro 1s and Pro 2s + a Cayin C5 portable Amp after my Bose Triport IEM broke and I'd rather not listen to music then listen to music with Apple earphones!
Arriving Saturday, hoping these are a treat ! Do portable amps really make a difference? Never used them for IEMs. I guess I'll soon find out, shame I wont be around to try it all on the Saturday but will have to wait till Sunday.

Also got some HD 600s as a alternative for my Beat Pros, hoping they'll be real nice and a change, will be hooked up to an azur 540Amp and Xonar DS soundcard, think I'll like them more than Beats Pro? Kinda wish I was more of an audiophile then I probably wouldn't of splashed so much on Beats Pro when they first came out, although at the time they did awaken me to a whole new world of music, particularly bass (why I got the B3 Pro 2s as well, couldn't resist at the price), I'm sort of hoping the HD600s will do the same awakening, or am I expecting to much?

Hopefully the B3s will come with Sennheiser Double Flange tips, otherwise I'll have to try and find some for UK postage as I've read they make a real improvement?!

Feel like a kid at Christmas again!
atsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #422 of 2,486
  Got this website to thank for my purchases of Havi B3 Pro 1s and Pro 2s + a Cayin C5 portable Amp after my Bose Triport IEM broke and I'd rather not listen to music then listen to music with Apple earphones!
Arriving Saturday, hoping these are a treat ! Do portable amps really make a difference? Never used them for IEMs. I guess I'll soon find out, shame I wont be around to try it all on the Saturday but will have to wait till Sunday.

Also got some HD 600s as a alternative for my Beat Pros, hoping they'll be real nice and a change, will be hooked up to an azur 540Amp and Xonar DS soundcard, think I'll like them more than Beats Pro? Kinda wish I was more of an audiophile then I probably wouldn't of splashed so much on Beats Pro when they first came out, although at the time they did awaken me to a whole new world of music, particularly bass (why I got the B3 Pro 2s as well, couldn't resist at the price), I'm sort of hoping the HD600s will do the same awakening, or am I expecting to much?

Hopefully the B3s will come with Sennheiser Double Flange tips, otherwise I'll have to try and find some for UK postage as I've read they make a real improvement?!

Feel like a kid at Christmas again!
atsmile.gif

My e07k improved my b3 p1 tremendously, but a big part is of the improvement is also the inbuilt bass boost ability of the e07k. I don't know if the C5 has something like this. 

The HD600 is very flat and neutral sounding phone and more targeted towards audiophile, you might find them boring. I think the HD650 will potentially bring you more enjoyment since you are coming from a Beats phone.

In any case I suggest you to give these phones some time as your brain will need some time to adjust to a different sound signature. 
The design of the HD600 is more than 20 years old and still one of the most appreciated phones by the HIFI community, so you can be assured that you didn't bought some crap at least ;D

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #423 of 2,486
Yeah the E07k will certainly help you out. And you made the right choice in picking up the HD600. I've got a pair of these and their fantastic. You might be slightly shocked at the sound after coming from the Beats, but these are certainly better, at least in my opinion.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #428 of 2,486
Luckily my B3s came with double flange tips! unfortunately not got time to charge my C5 amp before I go out, but it does have a bass boost function. They seem loud enough on the phone for now, differences between the Pro 1s and Pro 2s wasn't as big as I'd thought it would be, but still worthwhile especially if one breaks down the line. I suspect I will use Pro 1s with the base boost so I get better mids and highs. Looking forward to wearing them in and seeing the difference with an amp. Thanks guys this is an absolute steal and I'm glad I can appreciate more than just oozing bass!

As for the HD 600, wow..never heard mids and highs like this before, yeah there's quite a difference in bass but it's still present and would say the gain in mids and highs would definitely put > Beats, especially after some wear in. I literally felt like I could hear the finger marking scraping up the guitar strings between each note, and just so much more presence! I'm a happy man!

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #429 of 2,486
  Luckily my B3s came with double flange tips! unfortunately not got time to charge my C5 amp before I go out, but it does have a bass boost function. They seem loud enough on the phone for now, differences between the Pro 1s and Pro 2s wasn't as big as I'd thought it would be, but still worthwhile especially if one breaks down the line. I suspect I will use Pro 1s with the base boost so I get better mids and highs. Looking forward to wearing them in and seeing the difference with an amp. Thanks guys this is an absolute steal and I'm glad I can appreciate more than just oozing bass!

As for the HD 600, wow..never heard mids and highs like this before, yeah there's quite a difference in bass but it's still present and would say the gain in mids and highs would definitely put > Beats, especially after some wear in. I literally felt like I could hear the finger marking scraping up the guitar strings between each note, and just so much more presence! I'm a happy man!

Great that it worked out for you so well, I remember when I had my first experience with HIFI headphones, I was not impressed at all! Really needed some time to adapt.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #432 of 2,486
So I just spent the last 8 hours comparing the B3P1's to the TTPOD T1's. I don't even feel like they're in the same league, Havi completely outshines the T1's. Bigger soundstage, more neutral sound, clearer, crisper highs without feeling harsh, a truer low-end. Looks like I'll be returning my T1's.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #433 of 2,486
Yeah I got to use the P1s with my C5 amp today and I was astonished. They're amazing, especially at their price. I prefer the P1s to the P2s i think, the bass boost switch on the amp sort of makes my P2s redundant, even though I doubt I'll use the bass function unless it's a proper bassified electro song as the P1s provide enough true bass anyway.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #434 of 2,486
Yeah I got to use the P1s with my C5 amp today and I was astonished. They're amazing, especially at their price. I prefer the P1s to the P2s i think, the bass boost switch on the amp sort of makes my P2s redundant, even though I doubt I'll use the bass function unless it's a proper bassified electro song as the P1s provide enough true bass anyway.

I'm using them with my NX1, really good combo. I'll have to check out the C5.

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #435 of 2,486

I'm using them with my NX1, really good combo. I'll have to check out the C5.

I was surprised when recently tried my Havi`s with Objective O2... was blown away. Even my HD600 dont sound so good with O2 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back