Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #243 of 2,486

Could you please check its cable whether kevlar or not?

I am still afraid of their channel imbalance issues...

How do you check if it is kevlar?

I think the imbalance issue might be due to moisture. I've put them in a box with silica gel to dry them and I will keep them there for a couple of days to make sure they are totally dry, before I try to listen to them. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #244 of 2,486

I think the imbalance issue might be due to moisture. I've put them in a box with silica gel to dry them and I will keep them there for a couple of days to make sure they are totally dry, before I try to listen to them. 

I have no idea. According to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread.

"Cable housings supposed to be Kevlar which is a very durable material. Golden mini jack is L shaped and feels durable. There were no glue residues or assembly mistakes on it either. Generally iem looks like an "expensive" and "very good quality" item."

just investigate them, it is easy to figure if they are rubber.

I will start to order them tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get a balance pair :).

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #245 of 2,486

The cables.dont look kevlar though. Not woven. I'd have expected them to have the kevlar as the outermost layer for protection and the luxurious feel.

Initially i was worried that my pair had mild imbalance too, as the lead singer always sounded just off to the left somewhat. Just found out though that I'm one of the weirdos with different sized ear canals..:xf_eek:

After changing up the earbud size on that side. Whoa now I know why it's called imaging.. That and the shallow dual flange probably boosted the effect. Maybe the guys with channel imbalance could give different sized tips a try..?

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #248 of 2,486

Just to reaffirm my love for Havi B3 Pro I.

Nice picture! 
ksc75smile.gif

I hope I will love them too.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #249 of 2,486
Ugh... I was settled on the GR07 and have just enough money for them. Then I come across the B3... So now I have a dilemma...

1. I grab the B3 now and get an amp for it in a couple of months when I can afford it (sources are Galaxy S3 phone, iPad, PC, really old iPod or maybe Cowon S9).
2. I wait a couple of weeks and see if the B3 go on sale anywhere and grab an amp at the same time.
3. I wait a couple of weeks to see if the B6 gets released and if it requires an amp, etc.
4. I just get the GR07 now, and maybe be able to get the B6 or B3 in a couple of months.

My only real experience with a good IEM is in the RE0. From what I've read of the B3 it seems to be in the same territory, though a little different. Would that be a correct assumption? Also, I'm a newbie - are sales generally a thing during January for headphone outlets?

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #250 of 2,486
As far as the b6 goes, it seems the first one to be released is the single driver "bass edition" the other dual driver b6 seems May be out later, and for a good chunk of ys b3 lovers, that dual driver is the on lusted after

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #251 of 2,486
  Ugh... I was settled on the GR07 and have just enough money for them. Then I come across the B3... So now I have a dilemma...

1. I grab the B3 now and get an amp for it in a couple of months when I can afford it (sources are Galaxy S3 phone, iPad, PC, really old iPod or maybe Cowon S9).
2. I wait a couple of weeks and see if the B3 go on sale anywhere and grab an amp at the same time.
3. I wait a couple of weeks to see if the B6 gets released and if it requires an amp, etc.
4. I just get the GR07 now, and maybe be able to get the B6 or B3 in a couple of months.

My only real experience with a good IEM is in the RE0. From what I've read of the B3 it seems to be in the same territory, though a little different. Would that be a correct assumption? Also, I'm a newbie - are sales generally a thing during January for headphone outlets?

Why the GR07? Are you very sensitive to treble and sibilance? If yes, these are not for you.

Why the B3P1? Do you like good quantity bass? If yes, these are not for you.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Both GR07 Classic, GR07 Bass Edition, Havi B3 Pro1 are now on sale at LMUE. Amplifier Topping NX1 is now on sale at Shenzenaudio, to go with Havi B3P1. Also recommend Vsonic foam grey small bore tips at Penonaudio (the last at the list searching for "tips") because it adds some sub bass to B3P1.

v
EDIT: Actually B3P1 is at double sale (that's not suppose to happen i think). First sale from $59 to $54 and second to $48. That's about 18% off the normal price.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #252 of 2,486
  Why the GR07? Are you very sensitive to treble and sibilance? If yes, these are not for you.

Why the B3P1? Do you like good quantity bass? If yes, these are not for you.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Both GR07 Classic, GR07 Bass Edition, Havi B3 Pro1 are now on sale at LMUE. Amplifier Topping NX1 is now on sale at Shenzenaudio, to go with Havi B3P1. Also recommend Vsonic foam grey small bore tips at Penonaudio (the last at the list searching for "tips") because it adds some sub bass to B3P1.

v
EDIT: Actually B3P1 is at double sale (that's not suppose to happen i think). First sale from $59 to $54 and second to $48. That's about 18% off the normal price.

Well I loved the RE0 but I want to try something a little bit difference. I wanted something that was still detailed but had slightly more warmth and maybe a touch more bass. That's not to say I like lots of bass. I don't. I didn't even feel like I was missing much bass, if any, with the RE0, I just wanted something a bit different for the sake of experience more than anything. I am categorically not a basshead. I can get the GR07 in Australia for US$105, free shipping. The value for the quality of the piece just seems really good. As far as I know I'm not sensitive to treble. The RE0's treble didn't bother me at all, if that says anything. I loved it, in fact.

Why the B3P1? It just seems fantastic. I like the analytical character it is described as having and the soundstage/separation it's supposed to present.

I have a genuinely eclectic taste in music: metal (extreme and progressive), classical, electronica (mostly IDM), jazz (mainly instrumental - 50s up to modern stuff), progressive rock...

When I visit LMUE the B3P1 is listed as US$72. Penonaudio have it for US$65. If I grab that with the NX1, both outlets having free worldwide shipping, it adds up to just cheaper than the GP07, but it means I have to wait longer for the items since I'm in Australia. I also won't be able to afford to screw around with tips much. I'm on a pretty tight budget and I don't really have many tips lying around. The tips the B3P1 ship with would have to service me for a few weeks. That being said I generally don't have much trouble with tips. I can usually find a pretty good seal with what I'm given.

I have a hard decision to make!

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #253 of 2,486
Well I loved the RE0 but I want to try something a little bit difference. I wanted something that was still detailed but had slightly more warmth and maybe a touch more bass. That's not to say I like lots of bass. I don't. I didn't even feel like I was missing much bass, if any, with the RE0, I just wanted something a bit different for the sake of experience more than anything. I am categorically not a basshead. I can get the GR07 in Australia for US$105, free shipping. The value for the quality of the piece just seems really good. As far as I know I'm not sensitive to treble. The RE0's treble didn't bother me at all, if that says anything. I loved it, in fact.

Why the B3P1? It just seems fantastic. I like the analytical character it is described as having and the soundstage/separation it's supposed to present.

I have a genuinely eclectic taste in music: metal (extreme and progressive), classical, electronica (mostly IDM), jazz (mainly instrumental - 50s up to modern stuff), progressive rock...

When I visit LMUE the B3P1 is listed as US$72. Penonaudio have it for US$65. If I grab that with the NX1, both outlets having free worldwide shipping, it adds up to just cheaper than the GP07, but it means I have to wait longer for the items since I'm in Australia. I also won't be able to afford to screw around with tips much. I'm on a pretty tight budget and I don't really have many tips lying around. The tips the B3P1 ship with would have to service me for a few weeks. That being said I generally don't have much trouble with tips. I can usually find a pretty good seal with what I'm given.

I have a hard decision to make!

You May also look into u used(obviously) set of 're-262s. One of the items I regret selling. The havi's are very much different than the re262 and re400 I had. They aren't analytical really, just have this magical soundstage and imaging. They are just flat out fun. If you get these on sale and pick up a topping nx1 I'd say you'd be in great shape. Since also the 262s require ab amp to shine, So you'd have 100 for the 262 then 40 or less for the nx1. More of an investment than 40 for nx1 and 48 to 60 for b3 Wish I'd heard the gr07 to compare further, but havnt. The only real way to understand why these are so special is to hear them. Its really hard to put into words how these sound.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #255 of 2,486
Of course it is... 
redface.gif
 Silly me! 

Well, to complicate things even further (seems the more I read the more other earphones creep into the picture) I'm now considering the Ostry KC06 instead of the GR07. I'm thinking of grabbing the KC06 with the NX1 for now, then in a couple of months it'll be my birthday and I might be able to scrape enough together for a Havi. By then hopefully I'll have a better idea about the B6 and I'll already have an amp. But the  The only thing is waiting for the items to ship to Aus, but that's the rub with paying cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back