Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #181 of 2,486
If you like the bass quantity and overall sound signature of the Pistons, get the VSD3S. The Havi B3 doesn't have that bass quantity. And it is not as fun as the VSD3S. If you prefer a bigger soundstage and better imaging go for the B3. Though VSD3S soundstage is relatively good. Haven't heard GR07 but people say its soundstage is not as good overall as VSD3S.

Edit: GR07 soundstage comparison.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #182 of 2,486
one amendment, i will use havi b3 pro 1 without any amplifier or any equipment that is supposed to make sound better,
i will listen to them directly from iphone 5s or meizu mx4(not 3)
Will it be still great in soundstage?
Soundstage is something pleasing me very much.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #184 of 2,486
Why you say that?

Like I said before, I've read in here that people wish GR07 soundstage would be like VSD3S soundstage...So, it must be average/good...Myself, I realise that VSD3S soundstage should have more width...But it has nice depth...

Looking for an amp to use with B3 myself... Thinking of Cayin C5...I have brighter IEMs and read that it smooths the sound a little so...

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #185 of 2,486
one amendment, i will use havi b3 pro 1 without any amplifier or any equipment that is supposed to make sound better, i will listen to them directly from iphone 5s or meizu mx4(not 3) Will it be still great in soundstage? Soundstage is something pleasing me very much.

i'm using havi with my computer sound cards. without amp, it cannot go higher volume levels and bass is not appearent enough at high volumes. but it's still have bigger sounding mids than vsd3/s and more seperation. for me, vsd3/s mids & seperations are enough and they're cheaper, they're good without amp, their bass is certainly more so overall they're troublefree (except for that connector problems but they say havi also have some channel balance problems) and good buy. i see no reason to insist on havi. really, wait for a better model from them. vsd3/s are going to entertain you very well and your information about them is certainly wrong. they've one of the most bigger soundstage after havi in this price range (between the models i've tried).

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #186 of 2,486
one amendment, i will use havi b3 pro 1 without any amplifier or any equipment that is supposed to make sound better,
i will listen to them directly from iphone 5s or meizu mx4(not 3)
Will it be still great in soundstage?
Soundstage is something pleasing me very much.

I plug mine into an iPod Touch 5G. I don't think you're missing too much without an amp and it's still a very good IEM.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #187 of 2,486
I plug mine into an iPod Touch 5G. I don't think you're missing too much without an amp and it's still a very good IEM.

They do improve with better source/amping. But they really still sound great out of my iPod touch as well. To me they really don't necessarily require an amp, but the amp helps. I'll see what my x3+nx1 does for the havi and report back Xmas day. My mind may change.

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #188 of 2,486
I've got a strong recommendation to make about this IEM.

I found a set of foam tips that make these sound a little more fuller and rounder, thus adding sub bass and, at the same time adds atmosphere and open up the mids and significantly the highs.

How they achieve these things? The have a short and narrow bore (narrower than the nozzle) and they open up like a funnel about 3 mm before the out of the tip (sound out). I thought they were like a funnel. But now i really think they are somehow like a hourglass, with the outer part bigger than the inner part. So, narrow bore adds sub and mid bass i think and the funnel out open the mids and especially the highs...

VSONIC Soft Foam Eartips : http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips?search=tips     7,5 Dollar

They need a little patiente to get in the nozzle but once they get...Heaven. Really. I have now a big collection of tips and this is a solid recommendation.

If anyone tries tell after how it sounds for you :)

Edit: I'm hearing sub bass on these like never before! So happy, really :D Now they are quite complete.

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #189 of 2,486

I found a set of foam tips that make these sound a little more fuller and rounder, thus adding sub bass and, at the same time adds atmosphere and open up the mids and significantly the highs.

How they achieve these things? The have a short and narrow bore (narrower than the nozzle) and they open up like a funnel about 3 mm before the out of the tip (sound out). I thought they were like a funnel. But now i really think they are somehow like a hourglass, with the outer part bigger than the inner part. So, narrow bore adds sub and mid bass i think and the funnel out open the mids and especially the highs...

VSONIC Soft Foam Eartips : http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips?search=tips     7,5 Dollar

They need a little patiente to get in the nozzle but once they get...Heaven. Really. I have now a big collection of tips and this is a solid recommendation.

Edit: I'm hearing sub bass on these like never before! So happy, really :D Now they are quite complete.

I have a set. I'll try them tomorrow.

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #190 of 2,486
I have a set of wide bore red cores coming, but if others have good luck with those "hourglass" tips I'll buy them as well

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #191 of 2,486

Interesting...but the B6 is coming!!

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #192 of 2,486
  I have a set. I'll try them tomorrow.

So, what do you think?

Someone to share the effect of this tips, the Vsonic brand "aftermarket" foams?
L3000.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #194 of 2,486
They do improve with better source/amping. But they really still sound great out of my iPod touch as well. To me they really don't necessarily require an amp, but the amp helps. I'll see what my x3+nx1 does for the havi and report back Xmas day. My mind may change.

Yeah, they improve some with amping, but not night and day to my ears. I run mine through a Fiio E6, partly because amping helps ever so slightly (it ain't the best, but it's definitely the most portable) and it prevents my B3s from murdering my battery lol

Havi B3 Pro 1 Earphones $47.50 After Coupon: CY2014B31  in mp4nation.net. Please search have if not found in the "BRANDS" page..

Wow, what a deal!

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #195 of 2,486
Yeah, they improve some with amping, but not night and day to my ears. I run mine through a Fiio E6, partly because amping helps ever so slightly (it ain't the best, but it's definitely the most portable) and it prevents my B3s from murdering my battery lol

Wow, what a deal!

Maybe you should consider an amp with power and hear the night and day difference :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back