Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #691 of 2,486
  I found my quarter inch and plugged into my receiver and cranked the volume to large levels
The problem arises again. Bass farts in left channel. I even had channel imbalance to begin with, although not that severe.
RMA time... >_<

Seriously dissapointed. I don't want to slag off the Havis, no. I loved the signature, I loved the soundstage, everything. I even considered the Vsonic GR07 as an alternative but the Havi's won over due to lower price and more praise. But nope, quality control is something I feared would be the weak suite of those. What a shame. I will get a replacement from Lendmeurears and see how that goes. Should I perhaps buy from another seller (e.g Bigbargainonline, Penon Audio)?

No lmue has a customer support second to none.If u want u can get something else in that range.
Send them an email and ask them.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #693 of 2,486

If this issue persists in the replacement pair I will most likely refund them and save up for Vsonic GR07's.

Nope,save for dunu titan's,,,multiple users have confided that they are better especially in soundstage and bass.Infact the soundstage is even better than havi b3.

Please read the reviews.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #696 of 2,486
Nope,save for dunu titan's,,,multiple users have confided that they are better especially in soundstage and bass.Infact the soundstage is even better than havi b3.

Please read the reviews.

The Titans and the B3's are pretty different signatures.

Fwiw I still prefer the B3's although they're both very good :)

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #697 of 2,486

Fwiw I still prefer the B3's although they're both very good
smily_headphones1.gif

I do look for a sig that is akin to the Sennheiser HD600, with a tad more treble energy and detail. B3 Pros suited that bill well. Neutral yet a touch of life and organic nature was in there.

Also, wasn't there a bit of a schiitstorm earlier about Vsonics being inherently superior to the Havis which caused the previous thread to be locked?

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #698 of 2,486

Fwiw I still prefer the B3's although they're both very good
smily_headphones1.gif

Well u seem to be the only one,,,even baycode is leaning towards titans this time
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #699 of 2,486
  I do look for a sig that is akin to the Sennheiser HD600, with a tad more treble energy and detail. B3 Pros suited that bill well. Neutral yet a touch of life and organic nature was in there.

Also, wasn't there a bit of a schiitstorm earlier about Vsonics being inherently superior to the Havis which caused the previous thread to be locked?

Yeah one vsonic guy became too persistent with his rants.Unfortunately that ugly discussion was started by me.............i redeemed myself by opening up this thread 2.0

Read the first post
wink_face.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #700 of 2,486
..even baycode is leaning towards titans this time:D

I never said such a thing... Even mean the opposite several times...

I prefer B3Pro1 over Titan1. Though 100% agree with Peter123 that they are both great iems.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #701 of 2,486
I never said such a thing... Even mean the opposite several times...

I prefer B3Pro1 over Titan1. Though 100% agree with Peter123 that they are both great iems.

damn u guys are ganging up against me
cool.gif

Well anyways i will get titan to compare too.

I like ur new sound rating graph in reviews man,nice.And ur camera is pretty good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #703 of 2,486

Hey Baycode, do you have any QC issues with your pair, notably the bass issue I am getting? When I turn up my Topping NX1 fully, some tracks tend to output a sort of farting noise in the bassier frequencies. as if the driver is caving in and out. I want to establish how common this is because some people argue that faulty Havis are common.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #705 of 2,486
When I turn up my Topping NX1 fully, some tracks tend to output a sort of farting noise in the bassier frequencies. as if the driver is caving ....

Can't speak for your pair in a certain way (I need to hear it). But you shouldn't crank the volume full-up on your NX1 (if the source volume level is moderate or high as well)! Too much loud! Any sound pressure level above 85dB may damage your ears first, not to mention your iem...

If you hear problems at normal listening levels (60-80 dB) then I advise you to return them. QC issues are all over the headphone/iem world... Not only guilty is Havi... (there is a possibility that high volume level may done the damage). But Havi provide 1 year warranty (if bought from an authorised store). Normally if you bought them from Penon Audio (my choice of store) they only want the iem in a small envelope. So shipping becomes much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back