Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Sep 26, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #2,476 of 2,486
So, after all these years, has anyone found an audible twin for the B3P1?

I just noticed the insulation on the cable has split and is starting to peel away at the earpieces on mine. If I had a proper soldering iron, I'd do a recable, but I don't so I figure I can strengthen the cable with some Sugru.
Of course that is pretty much a half-assed solution so I'm looking for something that could possibly be a replacement.

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #2,478 of 2,486
So I was looking for the Havi twin and seems the 7Hz Zero and Moondrop Chu are good contenders. Anyone compared those?
Interesting. From what i recall, havis have twin 10mms. Wonder if they managed to figure out how to make only 1 unit perform similar to twin units. looks cute. might try later.

really miss those blasted havis. fooled me a lot and made me look for nonexistent concerts. Darn things sounded like invisible speakers in front of my face, not "in the head" sound.

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2,479 of 2,486
I miss them too. Could not find a substitute... They create special magic for bringing the soundstage and sound very realistic...

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #2,480 of 2,486
Knowing the cracking issues with the B3 I really baby mine and Mr. Trev's post made me pull mine out this weekend and enjoy the magic Bay speaks of. The B3 really excels with clean power, they can and always have been able to take down iem's costing easily 5 time their meager $50 price tag :wink: My condolences on your pair Mr. T:slight_frown:

B3 Cayin.JPG

Of course that dang Wokei rubbed off on me and I had to do the fake Carbon Effect:rolling_eyes::grin:

Carbonization.JPG

As you can see I got carried away with the X3ii too but this was and still is one sweet setup, the Topping NX1 (As long as you stayed away from RF interference) absolutely thrashes:thumbsup::v:

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #2,481 of 2,486
Knowing the cracking issues with the B3 I really baby mine and Mr. Trev's post made me pull mine out this weekend and enjoy the magic Bay speaks of. The B3 really excels with clean power, they can and always have been able to take down iem's costing easily 5 time their meager $50 price tag :wink: My condolences on your pair Mr. T:slight_frown:

B3 Cayin.JPG

Of course that dang Wokei rubbed off on me and I had to do the fake Carbon Effect:rolling_eyes::grin:

Carbonization.JPG

As you can see I got carried away with the X3ii too but this was and still is one sweet setup, the Topping NX1 (As long as you stayed away from RF interference) absolutely thrashes:thumbsup::v:
Yup. I'll never stop kicking myself for not grabbing a spare set (or 3) while they were still available
If ever an IEM needed a reboot…

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #2,482 of 2,486
Yup. I'll never stop kicking myself for not grabbing a spare set (or 3) while they were still available
If ever an IEM needed a reboot…
For sure and maybe with a little better plastic housing! I baby mine because I had a chance when the first reports of shell cracking happened you could still find a pair here and there but alas I like you failed to secure an extra pair or two even when we knew how good they were!! Argh:anguished: They absolutely SLAM on the C421:thumbsup:

Havi A Good Time.JPG

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #2,483 of 2,486
For sure and maybe with a little better plastic housing! I baby mine because I had a chance when the first reports of shell cracking happened you could still find a pair here and there but alas I like you failed to secure an extra pair or two even when we knew how good they were!! Argh:anguished: They absolutely SLAM on the C421:thumbsup:

Havi A Good Time.JPG
A lot of people say they're bass light, but from what I remember, given a decent amp they more than held their own

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #2,484 of 2,486
A lot of people say they're bass light, but from what I remember, given a decent amp they more than held their own
Absolutely, and with this Xduoo XD-05 only some crazed die hard Basshead (without Bass Boost) would claim that and nothing and I mean nothing for the price can even come close to the B3's sound staging :wink:

XD Opus Opus 05.JPG

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #2,485 of 2,486
Nice to see old friends here @Mr Trev and @Podster :beerchug:

I miss the old good days of B3Pro1 thread as I see you here...

I still have 2 sets of B3Pro1 and 1 set of Pro2 (also a B6). One of my B3Pro1's right driver died... Another one is still rocking. B6 was in the tuning phase and Havi decided not to produce iems any more... RIP Havi :sob:

If I find anything that takes me fully away from the B3Pro1 in the future, I will still keep my units only because of their emotional value. Once you reach your 50's emotions play major role in life (personal experience).

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #2,486 of 2,486
Yeah Bay, I just have my original pair and why I baby them so, just like my ASG Rockets which I'm always told they look brand spanking new once again because I kind of only listen to either on rare or special occasions these days :beerchug:

Rocket Me Amadeus.jpg

And still my fave Micro:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back