Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #3,437 of 4,032
Sometimes...So me play dead

Poor Eric needs a gif intervention 
biggrin.gif

On topic Q: Does the nozzle not have a lip to hold the tips? I had a problem with the Brainwavz R1 tips slipping off.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,438 of 4,032
What came with everyone else's Havis? Mine came with an assortment of tips, a few of them looking like the well praised double flange Sennheiser tips. I ordered mine from Amazon.

I love mine so far! I haven't experimented much with tips but I've been using the small sized double flange (what I think are the sennheiser ones), and they fit pretty damn well but just a tad shallow. Acoustic music is absolutely realistic, and this IEM runs great off of my iPhone 5!

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,439 of 4,032
  What came with everyone else's Havis? Mine came with an assortment of tips, a few of them looking like the well praised double flange Sennheiser tips. I ordered mine from Amazon.

I love mine so far! I haven't experimented much with tips but I've been using the small sized double flange (what I think are the sennheiser ones), and they fit pretty damn well but just a tad shallow. Acoustic music is absolutely realistic, and this IEM runs great off of my iPhone 5!

yeah try dire straits with this.
Heaven
L3000.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #3,440 of 4,032
I can't decide between the cayin c5 and the new fiio  e12a special edition for item's Help plis. I think the cayin is maybe gonna sound better but I never owned a fiio before and I like them as a company a lot,  I like both styles but I think fiio can be more durable maybe?? What u guys think I should pick . 

Here's my two cents, but first a caveat. I haven't heard the E12 IEM yet. However, I do own E12 DIY and C5 amps. While I haven't directly compared the C5 with the E12 DIY with the buffer + Opamp used in the E12 IEM, I know from reading the E12 DIY thread that the buffer + Opamp combo used in the E12 IEM sounds fantastic to a lot of people when used in the DIY.

While the C5 also sounds fantastic, it's geared towards driving more demanding HP - not sensitive, low impedance IEM. What this means is that if you use the C5 with LO, you won't be able to turn the thing past 3 without getting really, really loud. I don't like that, so I end up either using HP-out and lowering volume or using my DX90, which has variable volume LO. That said, I don't know how much play you'll get on the E12 IEM's volume pot before crushing your eardrums. I bet it's a lot more play than C5, however.

So, what source are you using? Does it have variable volume LO? If not, are you comfortable using HP-out and double amping to get more fine-grained control over volume with your amp?

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #3,441 of 4,032
@nmatheis

I think you're right in everything you write but some people (myself including) are less bothered by only using a part of the volume spectrum and in return have a lot more power when you need it.

It will all be about personal preferences (as usual).

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,442 of 4,032
@nmatheis

I think you're right in everything you write but some people (myself including) are less bothered by only using a part of the volume spectrum and in return have a lot more power when you need it.

It will all be about personal preferences (as usual).

True peter123. I just want Spionner to make a fully informed decision. I listen quieter than a lot of people I know and appreciate more fine-grained control over volume. Using a powerful amp with a lot of IEM for me means I very quickly go from too quiet to just right to too loud, making it hard to adjust to an optimal volume. It reminds me of using IEM straight out my iPhone. The volume adjustments are too coarse, and I often use 3rd party apps which allow more fine-grained control over volume. I also like to use the right tool for the job and don't mind having more than one amp, so to me it makes sense to have an amp tuned for IEM and another tuned for more demanding HP.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3,445 of 4,032
  Since I've got into this hobby everyone has told me to check out Dire Straits. Any album you'd specifically recommend? My favorite on these headphones so far is Norah Jones - Come Away With Me in 192/24, literally perfect. Animals by Pink Floyd also sounds great on these.

sultans of swing
brother in arms(should sound best with havi)
once upon a time in the west
telegraph road
romeo and juliet

Check out porcupine tree..............knowing u love pink floyd,u will love them more(pink floyd 2.0)

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,446 of 4,032
+1. Porcupine Tree = Best band in universe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back