Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #3,302 of 4,032
Any suggestions? App is Poweramp on Android.

Edit: it helps if you look at the frequency because there's some overlap.

Btw, if you put your phone into landscape mode, I think you'll get all of the frequencies shown on the one screen.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #3,306 of 4,032
Pazz

Not that good for gaming as bass is not very prominent,u better get vsd3 or ttpod ti's.
Look at brainwavz m3 and tekfusion twinwoofers too.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #3,308 of 4,032
popcorn.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,310 of 4,032
I wonder if I got a defective pair or something. Joker described the B3 as mid forward, they are quite recessed in the mids imo and the is treble harsh ... listening to AudioTechnica cans messed up my mid perception I guess :p

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,311 of 4,032
  I wonder if I got a defective pair or something. Joker described the B3 as mid forward, they are quite recessed in the mids imo and the treble harsh ... listening to AudioTechnica cans messed up my mid perception I guess :p

I have ath ad900x's, so I know that you mean. Still, something seems to be off with your setup - mids are not recessed and highs are not harsh for me (or for most others afaia). What is your source? Tips?

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,312 of 4,032

I have ath ad900x's, so I know that you mean. Still, something seems to be off with your setup - mids are not recessed and highs are not harsh for me (or for most others afaia). What is your source? Tips?

I used my Iphone4s, Sony Z2, Sansa Clip, Vintage Sony Reciever and ODAC/O2 as standalone or paired them with a couple of budget fiio/c&c amps. I was most recently using MH1 Tips as they give me the best seal. The ATH IM02 is supposed to be bright but I never get to the sibilance level of the Havi's in comparison

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,314 of 4,032

I used my Iphone4s, Sony Z2, Sansa Clip, Vintage Sony Reciever and ODAC/O2 as standalone or paired them with a couple of budget fiio/c&c amps. I was most recently using MH1 Tips as they give me the best seal. The ATH IM02 is supposed to be bright but I never get to the sibilance level of the Havi's in comparison

Well, you have tried everything, so it does seem like you may have a defective pair. I really doubt that mine would come anywhere near to sibilant with the mh1 tips, but if I can find them, I'll give it a try.

If you happen to be able to provide a link to some music that exhibits the sibilance, that would be great. Thanks.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,315 of 4,032
Samehada

As I noted in my impressions the massive soundstage can give the perception of recessed mids and vocals.

Use the double flanged wide bore tips to overcome this,the black/red tips increase this.

But sibilance is 0,coming from gr07 I know that sibilance is.These have smooth treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back