Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3,257 of 4,032
Oct 12, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #3,258 of 4,032

I found another tip similar to the left one I posted earlier (above), but this one has an even wider bore.

Tip on left is the first magical tip tried, and the one on the right is even more magical:

Bass is great, highs sound spot on for me. I don't think it can be emphasized enough how important tip selection is for bringing out the most of the B3's.

Do you know where we can get it? :)

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,259 of 4,032
Update on tips-

Doucle flange wide bore ones decrease the airiness and soundstage leading to better treble(easily noticeable) and a tad tighter bass.

Vocals too sound a bit forward.

UPDATE ON AMP

Definite increase in the soundstage with e6 without any eq setting with some loss of clarity as a result but smoothness increases.

Without amp h3 sound good but with it they sound diff due to noticeable airiness added up.

But as I stated earlier amp is not req per se as sq is pretty much unaffected,that being said I prefer amp for that soundstage.

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #3,260 of 4,032
Regarding tips i hav to say its all about personal preference and shape of ear and in-ear canal.I had for 2 weeks the white silicone tips that comes with B3 ,there where very comfortable but i had the same issue with others,pressing the housings with my fingers the sound becomes fuller and amazing,so i too searched for tips like the ones in previous post and i found from my Soundmagic E10. The sound is much beter and the bass got quantity,also very comfortable.Thanks to previous posters for pics and sugestions on tips!

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #3,264 of 4,032
I auditioned the B3 with the X1 before and I think because of the price point of the X1, it's amp isn't of sufficient quality and power in my opinion to drive the B3 to hear its qualities.  

I've heard from a friend who owned the C3 and he said the C3's amp also lacks driving power. Therefore I won't recommend either. If you really want to get either DAP, you need to buy a portable amp to pair with it. the X1 paired with the E11k on high gain sounds pretty similar to the X3 with some differences in soundstage and clarity. But for the price of a X1 and a E11k, I rather get a X3 standalone. 

By the way anyone listens to Everything But the Girl? The album Amplified Heart sounds fantastic with the B3...I discovered this band when my friend linked an oldie "missing" youtube's link that was sung by this band.

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,266 of 4,032
Hey, is there a point in buying these IEMs without any external amp? Using Galaxy S3 i9300 (international) as source

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3,270 of 4,032
http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/

Inital impressions from joker. Not complete yet. What do you think guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back