Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,212 of 4,032
Those certainly do look the part Wokei! I'd give you a "beer chug", but it's not available in mobile mode :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #3,214 of 4,032
Can someone please post a wide bore tip link from lunashop?

These are the ones I use, similar to the stock ones but wide bore instead:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2334

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #3,215 of 4,032
These are the ones I use, similar to the stock ones but wide bore instead:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2334

thanks peter123.
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #3,216 of 4,032
Is that site cool to order from?

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #3,217 of 4,032
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3,218 of 4,032
Ya that's the first thing I saw! So how do these tips really differ sonically, then say, the stock tips that come on the havis? I havnt had a chance to tip roll, and just have used those tips. Just seeing what I can possibly expect

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #3,219 of 4,032
Ya that's the first thing I saw! So how do these tips really differ sonically, then say, the stock tips that come on the havis? I havnt had a chance to tip roll, and just have used those tips. Just seeing what I can possibly expect

Haven't used the stock tips in ages but wide bore tips in genereal seem to make even more for the soundstage and separation. Many uses the double flange wide bore tips but I've never got comforatble with them and ended up with these instead (maybe I sould give them another try since I use them with several other IEM's at the moment...).

TBH I'm not 100% sure what tips that comes with the B3's these days since it's been so long since I got my pair. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #3,223 of 4,032
Well brain burn in never disappoints,lol.
Things are settling after initial shock,i went to same thing with my gr07 coming from m3 at that time.

Going from m3 to b3 was a shock too hence my initial impressions.

Mind u my gr07 mk2 has slight(maybe 5 pc) volume loss in my lelt ear and I will send it back tomorrow for warranty.
So its not at its 100 pc

soundstage-b3>>>>gr07

u won't believe how big the diff feels ,damn like moving to an opera house.

bass-quantity almost same but havi is more loose compared to gr07 and nothing beats gr07 in drums.period.

but this diff is minor one,havi has pretty solid bass,certainly for all genres

mids-gr07 >b3 due to smaller soundstage feels cleaner with black background.havi is laid back due to giant soundstage

highs-sore spot for havi,extremely sweet,lacks punch and extension could be better,most noticeable aspect vs gr07

[COLOR=FF00AA]OTHER[/COLOR]

timbre-gr07 has a distinct one,anyone having them knows what I mean

vocals overall-laid back in b3 again due to soundstage,some may not like it before proper brain in.i was one of those,lol.

Clarity-b3 is extremely clear ,flat sounding iem.also lack of treble energy may make the vocals even more soft making it appear even more clear.

overall--its very very diff from gr07 and imho instead of going for others in 100$ range u should het this to feel what other side with massive soundstage feels like and trust me it beats gr07 for certain recordings especially classical ones.

Tips--as others pointed out wide bore double flange sound best but if u feel vocals are laid back for u then go with simple silicon ones.

isolation--even better than my pro coppers and much much better than gr07 and m3.These are made of cheaper plastic so the feeling is very light in ears.

amping-

is it must?

Not with clip+ at least but needs 10 steps more than with gr07 and m3 and about 3-4 higher than the mh1,certainly the listed sensitivity of 115 is ********.

change in sound with amp?

I didnot notice any jbhange with e6 but the eq2 of that makes sound extremely enjoyable.

should u get one?

not for players with built in amp I think .
for others,yeah it will at least save battery.either way decide after testing urself.
for clip+ u need to go to -5 in rockboxed version to enjoy.but u don't need it.

The only weak spot that I can point out after a day of listening is treble which is even weaker than m3,forget about gr07.

Other being the build quality.

I will listen more and post more impressions later on especially vs m3.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #3,225 of 4,032
Well brain burn in never disappoints,lol.

LOL!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying them more now.

Also glad to hear that they've got a different sound from the GR07 since I've got the XE800 on it's way and it should be pretty similar to the GR07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back