Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #3,166 of 4,032
GeekOut is an amp/DAC. A seriously good one in a very small format.

I do prefer the C5 as amp over the GO but after the latest fw update on the GO it's not as big difference. The GO720 is being discontinued and can be had for $188 on Amazon iirc. Pairs very good with the Havi's as well...

Thanks Peter for the valuable information share :)  I will definitely be updating the firmware. So GO itself will be appropriate for amping needs as well  :wink:

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #3,167 of 4,032
Ok just them,,,maybe 1 hour listening vs brainwavz m3

clip+,e6 combo.

e6,eq2---------m3>>>havi b3 pro 1 in bass punch,seperation and even mids

treble---both smooth and lacking punch

soundstage----havi>>>>>>>m3(unreal imho)

At this moment not impressed at all.
For clarification unamped m3 without eq2 setting on e6 sounds like shyte,,,,but with e6 its a different story.

Havi needs atleast 10 steps more power than m3,,needs an amp for sure to drive.

Need to burn in properly before arriving at conclusion

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #3,168 of 4,032
Suggestions for newbies here after brief listening-----------------Don't go for hype.

I hope my opinion changes after burn in

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #3,169 of 4,032
What hype??? After 212 pages of posts and you still call it hype??? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #3,170 of 4,032
The sound stage is the main selling point and nobody said they were bassy. Burn in will change them a lot. The hype is for a good/great sound at a great price with an unheard of sound stage.

Amping depends on sourcing, I've noticed a lot of people on here use the clip+ or other small and inexpensive players that seem to provide adequate power for the average IEM, but lack for more demanding ones. Many others use their phone, which tend to be androids or Windows, and they tend to drive them fine, and I know my iPhone has had no problem with my pro 2 (I think it is less demanding though iirc). But a good amp can do a lot for anything, using built in EQs can't properly add enough in my experience while an amp can boost a single aspect without harming others, which seems especially true with something like the dual driver havi's as boosting bass on a single ends up killing the top end in my experience (however limited that may be).

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,171 of 4,032
The sound stage is the main selling point and nobody said they were bassy. Burn in will change them a lot. The hype is for a good/great sound at a great price with an unheard of sound stage.

Amping depends on sourcing, I've noticed a lot of people on here use the clip+ or other small and inexpensive players that seem to provide adequate power for the average IEM, but lack for more demanding ones. Many others use their phone, which tend to be androids or Windows, and they tend to drive them fine, and I know my iPhone has had no problem with my pro 2 (I think it is less demanding though iirc). But a good amp can do a lot for anything, using built in EQs can't properly add enough in my experience while an amp can boost a single aspect without harming others, which seems especially true with something like the dual driver havi's as boosting bass on a single ends up killing the top end in my experience (however limited that may be).

i used fiio e6..............its adequate for b3.
No question of power here,,,maybe burn in will fix things

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #3,172 of 4,032
I know, that response just flowed out of me and was more targeted at the comment that the m3 sounded terrible without the amp and bass boost. A quality amp can do an enormous amount for anything.

That response really want necessary but it as it came out it just grew and then after typing all that on my phone I couldn't just delete it

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #3,173 of 4,032
I know, that response just flowed out of me and was more targeted at the comment that the m3 sounded terrible without the amp and bass boost. A quality amp can do an enormous amount for anything.

That response really want necessary but it as it came out it just grew and then after typing all that on my phone I couldn't just delete it

don't worry buddy,all good

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3,174 of 4,032
Its a clean sounding iem with an insane soundstage and imaging. I honestly don't see how its a hype train. A few have compared it to highend iems, but for the most part, folks are just stating how its great for the price. Its cool if they aren't your cup of tea, but that doesnt make this a hype train thread. Personally, soundstage is very important to me, and further immerses me in the music, that's why I like the havi, and my he4.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #3,175 of 4,032
Its a clean sounding iem with an insane soundstage and imaging. I honestly don't see how its a hype train. A few have compared it to highend iems, but for the most part, folks are just stating how its great for the price. Its cool if they aren't your cup of tea, but that doesnt make this a hype train thread. Personally, soundstage is very important to me, and further immerses me in the music, that's why I like the havi, and my he4.

its a preliminary assesement without burn in.
I hated gr07 during this period too,,lets see

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #3,179 of 4,032
i want to believe that to but the graphs do and shure doo u.u some stuff is pretty convincing like the fact of the mind trying to justify the expenses of the wallet bleed. Don't know i have 100 hrs on my hd650s it was going so good but now with havis i can hear the veil 
deadhorse.gif
. Now i want a better amp for them :p. ima focus more in research of that.

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #3,180 of 4,032

Ok just them,,,maybe 1 hour listening vs brainwavz m3

clip+,e6 combo.

e6,eq2---------m3>>>havi b3 pro 1 in bass punch,seperation and even mids

treble---both smooth and lacking punch

soundstage----havi>>>>>>>m3(unreal imho)

At this moment not impressed at all.
For clarification unamped m3 without eq2 setting on e6 sounds like shyte,,,,but with e6 its a different story.

Havi needs atleast 10 steps more power than m3,,needs an amp for sure to drive.

Need to burn in properly before arriving at conclusion

Well, I stand by what I said earlier in that I find the B3's to sound quite good straight out of the clip zip (with flat EQ). Sorry that our impressions aren't in alignment.

What tips are you using? The B3 sound is quite tip/seal/fit dependent.

Suggestions for newbies here after brief listening-----------------Don't go for hype.

I hope my opinion changes after burn in

I hope your impressions change as well. I've been on enough hype trains and been disappointed enough times that I held back for quite a while before getting the B3's, But I'm very glad that I did - they are the real deal and provide amazing SQ for their price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back