Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #3,121 of 4,032
Try the biflanges included. They would seem to cater to your preferred sound and I do love them with metal too. The havis love acdc! :beerchug:

I agree they're great unamped.. And yes with a good pairing amp you get a bit more airiness and to me better depth and dynamic..

Congrats!
Welcome!

ACDC fanboi here ...cheers...with amp they shine

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #3,123 of 4,032
 I really at some point would like to try ear hooks if I can find some for sale separately. I've always worn iems up but the cable always moves to much, do you folks find ear hooks actually help with this?

FWIW,

i bought earhooks from penon http://penonaudio.com/High-quality-Earloop-Earhook-for-Earphones

works perfectly with the havi

EDIT:
Actually, i'm using the earhooks with re400 too, bought several, works fine
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #3,125 of 4,032
got screwed big time by customs,dhl mail says rs 822 or 14$.

generally free delivery by post entails no customs so I advice people to save up and be clear of dhl when ordering from lmue.

delivery would be today and I placed order on 5 th,so not fast either.

disappointed really.

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #3,128 of 4,032
still waiting for mine but I am extremely sure on 1 thing.

nothing beats gr07 as far as drums are concerned but I too have mostly rock,metal,psychadelic stuff and am glad people with similar tastes are happy with this.

and classic OMG the classic, same taste 
ksc75smile.gif
 i like it for all even the bassy songs with a lot of details no bass but THE DETAILS YEEE.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,130 of 4,032
Hello everyone,

I've been browsing Head-Fi for quite a few months now, reading up on the B3, various other IEMs, DAPs and DACs. So about a month ago I purchased the B3 and I've been enjoying it straight out of my phone more than my previous IEM, the fischer consonance pro. The irony is I paid more for the fischer. 

So what made me finally register and say thank you to you all for posting your varied opinions and comparisons that helped me come to this decision. I've been reading on the various synergies with the various DAPs, AMPs and DACs and have auditioned the fiio X3, X5(my fav so far), E10k, DX50, Ifi Nano Ican and some others I can't remember. In my pursuit, I finally pulled the trigger on a second hand DACport just today and I'm now enjoying every bit of it. Granted it isn't exactly portable (I do intend to try it with UAPP and USB otg cables), I can say I can finally understand why a good source really brings out the quality of the B3, so thank you once again for setting me on a path to find a suitable source that synergies well with it. 

So to end off with my 2 cents, the B3 synergizes well with the X5 and E10k. The dark background of the X5 really brings out the clarity and how the b3 responds with it by bringing out lots of soul and body, it sounds simply euphoric on certain tracks like Adele's someone like you and John Legend's All of me. However, the slightly narrow soundstage of the X5 does make some tracks like coldplay's songs (lots of instruments) sound congested. 

The DACport comes in nicely to mitigate what I find a small weakness of the X5, it has a slightly wider soundstage and hence helps to enhance the B3's natural width, it is warm enough as well to complement the B3 too. I do miss some parts of the X5's presentation but I'm still happy (just don't tempt me with an irresistible offer of a X5 lol). I also read that B6 is in the works, Please let me enjoy my b3 for a while more and rest my wallet.before Havi comes out with it, I'm interested to see how can Havi improve on the B3, maybe four drivers? LOL

Cheers

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #3,131 of 4,032
  Hello everyone,

I've been browsing Head-Fi for quite a few months now, reading up on the B3, various other IEMs, DAPs and DACs. So about a month ago I purchased the B3 and I've been enjoying it straight out of my phone more than my previous IEM, the fischer consonance pro. The irony is I paid more for the fischer. 

So what made me finally register and say thank you to you all for posting your varied opinions and comparisons that helped me come to this decision. I've been reading on the various synergies with the various DAPs, AMPs and DACs and have auditioned the fiio X3, X5(my fav so far), E10k, DX50, Ifi Nano Ican and some others I can't remember. In my pursuit, I finally pulled the trigger on a second hand DACport just today and I'm now enjoying every bit of it. Granted it isn't exactly portable (I do intend to try it with UAPP and USB otg cables), I can say I can finally understand why a good source really brings out the quality of the B3, so thank you once again for setting me on a path to find a suitable source that synergies well with it. 

So to end off with my 2 cents, the B3 synergizes well with the X5 and E10k. The dark background of the X5 really brings out the clarity and how the b3 responds with it by bringing out lots of soul and body, it sounds simply euphoric on certain tracks like Adele's someone like you and John Legend's All of me. However, the slightly narrow soundstage of the X5 does make some tracks like coldplay's songs (lots of instruments) sound congested. 

The DACport comes in nicely to mitigate what I find a small weakness of the X5, it has a slightly wider soundstage and hence helps to enhance the B3's natural width, it is warm enough as well to complement the B3 too. I do miss some parts of the X5's presentation but I'm still happy (just don't tempt me with an irresistible offer of a X5 lol). I also read that B6 is in the works, Please let me enjoy my b3 for a while more and rest my wallet.before Havi comes out with it, I'm interested to see how can Havi improve on the B3, maybe four drivers? LOL

Cheers

You're welcome and thanks for sharing your impressions. A great FIRST POST as a new member.

BTW, I have bolded a sentence on your post and I definitely agree.  It should be really hard for Havi to beat its own epic iem: the B3 Pro1.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #3,132 of 4,032

Hello everyone,

Cheers

Awesome first post indeed. 
Glad to know you loved the havis as much as we do. 
beerchug.gif

You're welcome and thanks for sharing your impressions. A great FIRST POST as a new member.

BTW, I have bolded a sentence on your post and I definitely agree.  It should be really hard for Havi to beat its own epic iem: the B3 Pro1.

Lol yeah.. That is the million dollar question now isn't it. 
wink.gif

Hopefully the B6 does not disappoint. 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,133 of 4,032
Awesome first post indeed. 
Glad to know you loved the havis as much as we do. :beerchug:
Lol yeah.. That is the million dollar question now isn't it. :wink:
Hopefully the B6 does not disappoint. :ksc75smile:

It's gonna be the most anticipated event of the year for all the HaviB3Pro1OldVersion owner ....that's the truth ...Boom !

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,134 of 4,032
The GR06 and the Pro2 are not very similar iirc. GR06 has less bass and more mids.

You're right, the GR06 does have a very mid-centric sound sig. I shoulda clarified I thought the GR06 would be comparable in terms of bass quantity, but with a different overall sound sig. Thanks for catching that. But really, the Pro2 has even more bass than the GR06? There's a decent amount of bass in the GR06, not total gobfuls, but a fair amount and certainly a lot more than the Pro1. I'd say enough to satisfy bassheads to an extent. I listen to quite a lot of EDM so bass is important to me, but I listen to a lotta other stuff too that shines much brighter with the Pro1. In fact, even a lot of EDM sounds really good with the Pro1, just with less bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back