Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #1,681 of 4,032
Just got my Pro-1s. I bought them as a cheap "take anywhere" pair of 'phones which would have tolerable quality....boy, was I surprised. I'm finding them very comfortable, and the SQ to be a lot of fun. I'm using them more than my other 'phones ATM - partly due to the novelty factor, a lot to do with the fun factor, but mostly because of the comfort. Definite bargain - though I do hate the cable!

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #1,683 of 4,032
Tbh there's no need to bother with the B3 pro2. I've got at least ten iems that's cheaper or the same price range that do what they do better.

But if you wanna try please go ahead.

The "search this thread" function and the first post in this thread is also great for people new to the B3's, it's pretty meaningless repeating that they need an amp to perform well and that the Pro 2 really isn't something special every third page.

The time for those who answer all the time is not less worth than the time for those who ask and don't even bother to do basic research.

Have a great Sunday everyone :wink:

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #1,684 of 4,032
@bhazard your explanation seemed to me that you have the B3 EX (they somehow known as Pro2 as well) version. That version supposed to have a real V shape and it was only produced in tens. It was the earlier version of Pro2. Newer Pro2's sound slightly different. But I cannot recommend the pro2 unless anyone needs a back of the rows presentation with narrower soundstage and tilted bass with lack of sub-sub bass.

I had the original enhanced version as well. The Pro 2 is just less of a mess, but still not very good.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #1,685 of 4,032
Can I ask a few questions to the users of Havi B3? Most importantly, can they be comfortably driven by phone without an amp?
Second, are they good for prolonged listening? Regarding both sound and comfort.
And would they be a good fit for rock music?
Thanks for any and all replies.

1. Yes my Z2 and Iphone 4s can drive them to over normal listening levels on max volume.
2. The comfort is ok, its not on tenore level where I sometimes forgot that they were still in my ears.
3. They have quite a balanced sound signature, I dont think they have problems with any specific genre

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,686 of 4,032
FiiO X3 drives the B3 perfectly but my iPhone 4S can't drive it to that level unless I put it through an amp. The file you're playing does have an influence over the volume output. Heavily compressed pop music may sound ok coming straight out of the iPhone 4S but audiophile recording material does not.

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,687 of 4,032

Got my B3 Pro 1's last week and will be doing a full review of 'em soon. Today they received their recommended 200 hrs of burn-in and I''m gonna work on my impressions. It'll be my first real review of a pair of headphones so I'm gonna do my best. Keep an eye out for it guys! :D 

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #1,688 of 4,032
Got my B3 Pro 1's last week and will be doing a full review of 'em soon. Today they received their recommended 200 hrs of burn-in and I''m gonna work on my impressions. It'll be my first real review of a pair of headphones so I'm gonna do my best. Keep an eye out for it guys! :D 

Looking forward to it. Just don't screw up! No pressure. :wink:

Aug 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #1,690 of 4,032
Any way of finding out if HAVI is working on a successor or a new version? I'm not sure these will have enough bass quantity to satisfy my taste.

I think there was word on a B6 and B9 but that was months ago.

Aug 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,691 of 4,032
Any way of finding out if HAVI is working on a successor or a new version? I'm not sure these will have enough bass quantity to satisfy my taste.

I think there was word on a B6 and B9 but that was months ago.

If you like bass. Can try narmoo s1.

Btw, anyone can recommend ways to wear the havi so that the cable stay in place? It just keeps coming out when looping over ear.

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,692 of 4,032
If you like bass. Can try narmoo s1.

Btw, anyone can recommend ways to wear the havi so that the cable stay in place? It just keeps coming out when looping over ear.

Are you implying Narmoo S1 is like Havi B3 Pro I with more bass? Curious for a brief comparison.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #1,693 of 4,032
If you like Alternative(or even if you don't), take some of your time to check out this song: https://soundcloud.com/manchesterorchestra/top-notch-acoustic 
The Havi B3 does it COMPLETE JUSTICE! The mids are naturally a little recessed or the recording isn't very dynamic or other so you can turn it up some, but the vocals sound flawless on the B3. Please treat your ears to this 
wink.gif

Hope you enjoy! 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back