Haven't quite lost the PCDP bug...
Mar 29, 2004 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, haven't been here much lately, been more interested in my full sized player...

Nevermind, I've still got time for my home at head-fi, as this will prove... can't say that i've ever seen one of these before... you never know, it could be a really great unit...

...Time will tell huh?
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 42
hehe...

Well, it does look... erm... abstract, but - you never know, by some perverse miracle, that strange shape could allow more space for better electronics
biggrin.gif

lol... erm... who am I trying to convince?
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 42
A 0/10 in ergonomics, but full score for being a unique looking player. I don't think it's that ugly. Maybe it'll sound nice. After all, it's what's on the inside that counts!
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by Oddball
After all, it's what's on the inside that counts!
tongue.gif

Finally, a girl who realizes this fact... Either that, or all guys just THINK all girls think that they look on the outside... that sounds really dumb. Anyway, there's someone here (can't remember his username) who basically has your comment as a Team in his sig.

On subject, yeah, that is a dumb looking PCDP. But, hey, if it sounds as good as the other Philips AZ series you reviewed, might be worth it.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
i like it. does it suck in the cd just like a car cd player do? that is awesome.

I don't think it does, but what has interested me the most about this player, although it looks like a dog, is the fact that its from 1990, and is reported to have 3 second anti-shock, 2-3 years before Sony...

In which case... this might just've been made to high spec, to promote that goodie...

Time will tell... should be being posted out to me today
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #14 of 42
Hey Duncan, it looks like an external CD-ROM. Anyway, let us know. I bet it would be very interesting at least.

Mar 30, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #15 of 42
I have it's brother, the AZ 6897, with a digital fm/am radio. It is a surprisingly solid unit actually. No fancy dual dac's on this one and no anti shock or a dedicated-line out.

A quick comparison with the DZ555 and D211: a lot of BASS!

I think the DBB button is stuck on this one (at least I hope).

It is a b*&ch to open and put back together so be careful.

I'd like to know how your's sounds like.

Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back