Have you tried Dr.Dre Beats Tour or Diddy Beats? Impressions?
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rocknblogger

New Head-Fier
Have you used either one of these IEM? I'm considering one of these among a couple others. I listen to rock, alternative and classic jazz.

EDIT: By the way I'm looking at the Monster referbs on this page. Any thoughts about it?

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't have any experience on the two IEM's you mention.  I'm sure others will chime in. 

Note - new DiddyBeats were recently available from Amazon on a Gold Box special for less than the Monster Outlet price

I have purchased from the Monster Outlet store before - both experiences have been fine.
- refurbished Beats Studio headphones for $130 - re-sold and turned it into new AT M50's & Klipsch X10's
- refurbished MTPC for $100 - these are keepers

I had to return the original pair of Beats Studio's for a cracked hinge - the warranty return process on the refurbished unit was painless.

Based on what is usually in stock in the outlet store, if I wanted to buy another set of IEM's, I would most likely be looking at the Turbines for $50.  I have them and other than some minor build quality issues, they sound fine.

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Diddy Beats just have too much bass. I recommend you the Apple In Ears (not the Earpods or Earbuds). They are awesome for dance, folk, pop, heavy metal. rock and alternative. They have a very dry, clean sound with very tight and accurate but weak bass. Their highs are a crisp. Especially female singers like Rosemary Clooney really shine trough these 'phones. Hope I helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back