Have you startd thinking everything in terms of headphones
Jun 30, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #17 of 27
I tend to think of everything in terms of CDs. Like "I shouldn't have splurged on getting pizza delivered, that could have been two more discs."
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #18 of 27
Asr>> Tell me you're under 30 years old!
icon10.gif
I thought of such an approach but after wife and kids and years I realized it to be too difficult.

Jul 1, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih
Asr>> Tell me you're under 30 years old!
icon10.gif
I thought of such an approach but after wife and kids and years I realized it to be too difficult.

My age is in my profile.

Yup, nearly starving your way to audio nirvana is the way to go! In order to buy my Arcam I went three weeks taking just two pieces of bread and an apple for lunch... (seriously not kidding)

Jul 1, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr

Yup, nearly starving your way to audio nirvana is the way to go! In order to buy my Arcam I went three weeks taking just two pieces of bread and an apple for lunch... (seriously not kidding)

To hell with NutriSystem...we've got the Head-Fi diet

tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
To hell with NutriSystem...we've got the Head-Fi diet

tongue.gif

I should put that in my sig, it's so true.

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #23 of 27
I also think in terms of CDs, usually priced around $15. "I can't believe we just paid for eight CDs worth of food"

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
My age is in my profile.

Hey man, it's all about priorities... priorities.

Jul 1, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #26 of 27
I figured if I could budget $200 for 3 weeks of essential items for living I could get a new source AND some good headphones in August in time for the meet. Essential items means living on pasta, beans, rice, etc. and not ordering out for lunch. This may work.
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
I tend to think of everything in terms of CDs. Like "I shouldn't have splurged on getting pizza delivered, that could have been two more discs."
smily_headphones1.gif

same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back