Have you heard of the "Sooloos high-fidelity music server"?
Oct 15, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 7
never mind you could build a computer with 3 TB storage, have it run FUBAR, and buy it a touchscreen LCD for under 1/4 the cost of that thing. basically they're selling a sexy aluminum case...which is great if you have no idea what to do with your money.

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm wondering when those manufacturers will provide the devices with the music already included as per your request customized...that will be great to get the player < and the music > at the same time.....
biggrin.gif
But if I have to transfer all my CDs to one of this things, forgetaboutit, It will take me months !!!!

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, the website does mention how they will do that for you. they will also help you "complete" your collection, and have various compilations that you can buy, apparently.

I bet that some of my requests will not be so easy to be completed by them...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 7
That thing is a ridiculous waste of money. It's nothing special at all.

On the other hand, Popular Science features the new SE2 Labs Integrated Theater Console. At $19,900 and the size of two computer towers, it can be customized to do whatever you need. While expensive as hell, it makes a lot more sense than that ridiculous Sooloos.

http://www.cybertheater.com/se2-labs...ater-in-a-box/

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 7
I got myself an Olive Symphony and I'm very happy with it. Yes, I could've built a computer that does everything the Olive does but I wanted to divorce my music from a PC. Plus, the Olive has no fans and the hard drive is virtually silent and has the built-in screen. Olive also offers loading up your music for you.

The Jukebox Hero is certainly slick looking but I would never spend that much. Yeah, the packaging is nice but I would consider the color LCD screen a waste. As for the 3tb of storage - I can tack on external hard drives via USB to my Symphony.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back