Have you heard "Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto"?
Feb 26, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by juneamour
Probably very few people have heard this..........

I have heard it before in both version violin and er hu and I like the violin version alot

Mar 19, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 8
I've got the Vanessa Mae version
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 8
I know what song you're talking about, but I've never heard the violin version. Sad to say I had never heard of the song until I saw the movie
rolleyes.gif
. Anyone want to recommend me a CD (or a download....
icon10.gif
).

Mar 19, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Have the RCA CD with the Nakako Nishizaki on violin with the Nagoya Philharmonic Orchestra, which is also available on SACD from Hong Kong BMG.

359.jpg

Then I have a SACD with Takako Nishizaki w/ the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra on Naxos. There are another one of two different versions around the house somewhere.

2169.jpg

It's a much-recorded piece of music. It's often used in figure-skating competitions....like the World Figure Skating Championships a couple of days ago.

Mar 20, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Have the RCA CD with the Nakako Nishizaki on violin with the Nagoya Philharmonic Orchestra, which is also available on SACD from Hong Kong BMG.

359.jpg

I have the CD version of Nishizaki's recording.

The concerto is originally composed for both violin and pipa (chinese vertical lute). The pipa version I have is equally enjoyable. Unfortunately I can't find a link on-line to this album. It is issued under "Janus" label in Taiwan, and the soloist is Erqing Pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back