Have you every given away your phones?
Feb 9, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by PGK
Given away a bunch usally to friends that I see listening to there ipod with stock phones or crappy ear plugs. I just feel bad for them and hopefully it will help them grow
wink.gif
Althoug some people just seem hopeless...

LOL. I agree with that! I gave my girlfriend's brother my barely-used ER-6s for use with his new 3G iPod. I knew he would be the type to stick with the Apple buds and could stand to see that happen to someone. He did call to say thank you, so I've got that going for me....

Feb 9, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #18 of 71
I gave my Grado SR80s to a friend because they were way too bright for my ears.

Feb 9, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 71
I've given away a new CD1700 for my one year at Head-Fi anniversary. I have given away a couple of other phones but they always seem to go to US Head-Fi members. I should do a Europe giveaway this year
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 71
i gave away my SR60s to a good friend who was blown away when he borrowed them. i didn't use them much anymore (instead Ety 4's), so i decided, why not allow someone enjoy music at higher fidelity.

Feb 9, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 71
I gave my brother a pair of KSC-35's, and I gave my Mom my PortaPro's since she broke the SportaPro's I got her.
tongue.gif
I miss them!

Feb 10, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #23 of 71
I gave my dad Sony MDR-CD780. He really liked the way they sounded out of all my headphones so I said, "Merry Christmas. Keep em." He said, "Really? Well, thank you." I could see that he was really happy. It was a very nice moment. It felt nice giving him something he could enjoy. I wish I could find things for my mom. It is so hard to find nice things for mothers.
280smile.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #25 of 71
I was thinking about giving my friend my HD497s because he recently had his stolen. He really like them and I was the person who recommened them to him. I don't really listen to them anymore, so I might just give them to him. But, then again, who knows. Someday I might just need them again. Damn, I wish I wasn't so attached to my cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #26 of 71
well...my friend's brother has been "borrowing" my v6s since summer...so i pretty much "gave" him those
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 71
Gave Sr60's to a buddy who would use them more than I, and hd457's to another friend. Glad I did...having headphones around that I dont use regularly bugs me. I'd rather have someone enjoy them than watch dust collect on them. And I really don't need much outside of my hd600 and AKG240s
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #29 of 71
Traded some Grado SR-80s to my girlfriend at the time for a nice SLR camera. It was after i bought my HD600s and i figured two open-ear headphones was a bit too bourgeois. Although i miss them dearly, i think i got the better end of the deal.

Gave a pair of HD212 pros (or whatever they're called) to my dad, who didn't really like them, so i gave them to a girl i had a huge crush on. I didn't really like them either, and shes super hot, so no regrets there.

Gave a pair of Koss 50s to my on-again, off-again girlfriend who hated the fit and seems to like the iPod headphones i then gave her much better. weirdo.

Traded another pair of iPod headphones to a friend for a bright orange baseball hat that says "B.U.S.". once again, no regrets.

thats it... i think.

Feb 10, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #30 of 71
Sure, but only because I don't use them or didn't prefer them to my other sets... a couple pairs of grados (just don't really like grados no matter how many time I try), sony v6, sony 70sl?, some old senns. Oh, and some ksc35 for shipping cost to somone here that I don't remember. He was about to get scammed for $50 or so for them and I couldn't stand that. Plus I didn't use them. And no, I don't regret it
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back