Have you ever told you audiophile friends in real life...
Apr 13, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 20
All the time and even made money on wagering with a Blind test with equipment swapped matter fact if they can prove 50/50 I was willing to pay up but it so lopsided in my favor it is easy-money.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #18 of 20
I used to repair audio equipment for a living, and discovered from very early on that one piece of gear might not work so well with another piece of gear. But substitute one piece with something else (the repair workshop was full of them) and suddenly everything sounds absolutely brilliant. I never had time to sit down and investigate why these issues occurred, but I did let friends know my thought whenever they were trying to set up a system of their own. But we all have different ideas of sound pleasure. So my love of windows rattling bass from the distortion produced by my 15" bass drivers would not be so welcome by someone else who wants a flat non-boomy bass. So the moral of the story is that we should not force others to like the same sound that we like for ourself.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #19 of 20
  I used to repair audio equipment for a living, and discovered from very early on that one piece of gear might not work so well with another piece of gear. 

That could be due to the "electrical" characteristics of the components (ie impedance matching, etc). I highly doubt it has ANYTHING to do with a combination being able to reproduce music more accurate than another.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #20 of 20

That could be due to the "electrical" characteristics of the components (ie impedance matching, etc). I highly doubt it has ANYTHING to do with a combination being able to reproduce music more accurate than another.

I can't say if you are correct or not. All I was worried about at the time is to make sure that I completed the required amount of repairs each day so that I would still have a job to go to the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back