Have you ever met your favorite musician?
Sep 12, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #46 of 60
I met Donald Fagen of Steely Dan in Los Angeles. When i saw him he seemed surprised that a 18 year old recognized him. But i love steely dan and spoke to him for a few minutes. Meeting him made my day. I was so excited i didn't even ask for an autograph, damn it.

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #47 of 60
I met Nancy Zeltsman, she's a marimba player, I also got to have a lesson, it was really awesome. She's very famous in the percussion world, but does that count? I think that's even more of a niche thing than head-fi.

A few of my friends and I also got to talk with Jackson Browne for a long time after a show he did at my school that I got to play in. But Nancy is still my favorite.

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #48 of 60
Posted who I have met earlier in this thread.
Now I will be adding Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull to my list on 10/4/2007!

Best ever!

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #49 of 60
bumped into maynard keenan at singapore airport couple of years back. think he was going or coming back from phuket.
it was 2 am , he looked bored so went up to him and talked for quite sometime. the conversation was funny and totally outrageous. very intelligent guy, humble yet so over the top haha.
amazing day that was.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #51 of 60
I met (had a brief interaction with) Don Ross, one of the world's best acoustic guitarists -- a player I really admire.

Well he was kind of a jerk. Rude. Quite a letdown, even though I know you can catch people at the wrong time sometimes.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #52 of 60
A few friends and I played pool with Eddie Vedder in a pool hall at Genelg for a couple hours here in Adelaide, the night before a concert. I was and still am a massive fan of PJ, they were the soundtrack to my youth. He was very, very cool.

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #53 of 60
by the way, thats John Williams in the photo above

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #54 of 60
I would love to meet Hilary Hahn. She's a violin goddess. Young, beautiful, skillful and plays with such accuracy and passion. I also love her interpretations and tasteful repertoire choices.

Sep 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #56 of 60
I was two minutes late when My Chemical Romance was singing at Projekt Revolution... and I left five minutes before my girlfriend tracked down Matt Cortez (he's not technically in the band, but he's their #1 guitar tech and he substituted when Mikey Way left the band and got married during the past four months).

I've met plenty of great bands though, so I can't really complain (festivals like PR and Warped are great in that aspect), it just sucks because My Chem (especially Frank) are sticklers for signing/ talking to fans after nearly every show.

EDIT: Although I did kind of meet Matthew Bellamy of Muse... when they were touring with MCR in North America last year, this girl had a seizure at the beginning of MCRs set. I picked her up and ran her to the EMS room, which as it turns out was back stage. I run into the guy and just go, "I'm sorry man, my bad- oh my God, you're Matthew Bellamy!" But I didn't really have time to talk, given the girl and all...

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #57 of 60
I met Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull on Oct. 4th. That was a real thrill, because it was 30 minutes after the show was over. One of the stage hands had said "go home", and I am really happy that I stuck it out. Signature on my strat and quick chat, before he got into a car. :wink:

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #59 of 60
I was having a beer at this bar in the Village (might have been the Bitter End) and the guy standing next to me was Jaco Pastorius. A few years before Jim Babjak guitarist of the Smithereens called me up at my dorm to remind me the video I rented (from where he worked at the time) was overdue. Ahem..no ego at all...

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #60 of 60
I met one of them. I was at the beach in San Francisco, and this surfer came out of the water. I realised it was Chris Isaak. I don't really like to bother celebrities when they're on their own time, but I said hi as I walked by. He said hi, and asked me about my Hedgehog I had with me. We started talking, and he was really down to earth. He seemed like a really fun guy, just like the way he was on his show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back