have you ever lent your headphones to others?
Oct 18, 2004 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

headphonegeek

100+ Head-Fier
thanks for your answers.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 21
I lent my hd497s to two different people and my E2's to one

Oct 18, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonegeek
thanks for your answers.
biggrin.gif

I'm responsible for the enjoyment of my GF, including audio.
She is enjoying a few thousand songs of my digital collection through one of my mid-fi speaker rigs and through some of my cans, at the moment a Prehead/Grado Sr 225 combo and a Stax Basic System.
At least this way I have access to quality audio when I visit her.
icon10.gif

I also have lent some cans and an amp to a peer who asked me for advice.
I told him that the only way to decide what's your flavour is listening yourself.
I knew already that he takes good care of the gear.He's a vinyl guy, and a vinyl lover would soon be listening to crap if he wouldn't be careful.

Oct 18, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 21
I once sent out a pair of RS-1's to a chain of five different head-fiers so they could try them out. That was a little stressful and I'm not sure I would do it again, but I think people enjoyed having the chance to hear them at home.

I also bought my brother a pair of Senn HD-580s and built him MINT amp, and given my father and grandfather Koss KSC-35s for their portable MP3 players.

Oct 18, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 21
I lent my ATH-L3000 to gpalmer for a week or two over the summer, but otherwise no.

Oct 18, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 21
All the time. I have lent my HD-580's to several HeadFiers...shared headphones with NightWoundsTime...shared amplifiers with several headfiers...ive been the benefactor more than ive given out stuff but hey - that says a LOT about those kind peeps who gave me stuff.

Cheers!

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #14 of 21
I loaned a pair of bundled phones, a cheap CD player and a copy of Velvet Revolver's Contraband to my uncle while he was in the hospital. But I don't have enough good equipment to even consider loaning it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back