Have you ever forgotten your own birthday??
Jun 17, 2003 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Is it even possible? Perhaps something odd happens to you if you do.. I just can't imagine forgetting my own birthday, and I think that if I did, the world would disappear forever.

Have you ever suddenly realised that it was your birthday last week, and that you'd completely forgotten it?

If so, did the world disappear??

Jun 17, 2003 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 21
Worse, my parents nearly forgot about my 16th birthday.....

Jun 17, 2003 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 21
I've tried to ignore, if not forget, my birthday. Never successfully done it. Though it is nice to have my birthday at the beginning of the school year...everyone's too busy to make a big deal, and I get to decide when to come home for a party.

Jun 17, 2003 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Xecter
Worse, my parents nearly forgot about my 16th birthday.....

My mother did!
eek.gif

But if you would know the circumstances anyone would understand.

I have the BEST mother!
(yes mine the the BEST so no post under this one stating that yours is cause she can only equal
wink.gif
)

Jun 17, 2003 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 21
Many times while working in the studio, I've forgotten my birthday until close to midnight. I remember taking a moment between keyb parts to call a friend, whose wife began cursing me out for not mentioning my birthday sooner -- I distinctly remember the word ********* being used. At which point the producer began yelling at me, too, because I needed to get back in the studio to finish my tracks.

For some odd reason, I happen to love that memory.

Jun 17, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 21
I've never forgotten my birthday but I did go through 1995-1997 not really aware of how old I was.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 21
No but I forgot Patiie's this year.

Nearly fatal

Jun 18, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #10 of 21
I wish. I almost did one year (was living on my own, having health problems, not getting out much), but my best friend reminded me like the day before.

Jun 18, 2003 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
man... poeple sure do like to yell at you.

Yes, but when they do, it's always about something really odd. Just yesterday, a woman blew up at me for using the word *pomo*. (Anger's what happens when someone fails their intelligence test.)

You have to understand -- it's hard to get upset when people begin yelling at you because you forgot your own birthday. It feels disorientingly comical -- even more so because no one else gets the joke. My friend Ian Murdoch once told me he'd "pay money" to experience something like that.

Jun 18, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 21
What the heck does pomo mean? According to the online dictionary it means a member of an American Indian people of northern California. Is it some sort of bad slang... like the "N" word?

Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
Yes, but when they do, it's always about something really odd. Just yesterday, a woman blew up at me for using the word *pomo*. (Anger's what happens when someone fails their intelligence test.)

You have to understand -- it's hard to get upset when people begin yelling at you because you forgot your own birthday. It feels disorientingly comical -- even more so because no one else gets the joke. My friend Ian Murdoch once told me he'd "pay money" to experience something like that.

Jun 18, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #15 of 21
I forgot it was my birthday this morning. A guy at work came in and wished me a happy birthday, which reminded me -- his palm pilot had beeped and told him it was my birthday. Then I found a "Happy Birthday Russ" thread here on Head-Fi. If the guy at work hadn't already reminded me, I would have found out it was my birthday by coming here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back