Have You Ever Forgot Your Headphones? Today, I Did.
Nov 10, 2008 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

nickknutson

Headphoneus Supremus
It's amazing how much you take advantage of something until it's not there anymore. Today, I forgot my headphones. This is the first day without headphones at work, in about 4 years. I'm going nuts. I'm stuck in my cube listening to the mind-numbing chit-chat, the clicking of people typing away on their keyboards, and the fans of computers computing. I'm going nuts! I need my Frank Sinatra, my DJ Tiesto, my Christmas music. Argh! I'm getting the shakes!

So, have you ever forgot your headphones and have been driven crazy like me?

This is one of those mistakes that only happens once for a person.

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 19
I once brought my Westone ES2 case and iPod on a 2 week business trip that included a lot of flying and found when I got to the airport that the headphones were not in the case.

That day I ordered a set of Shure se-530s and had Todd at TTVJ overnight them to me as I think I would go nuts on a plane without music and noise suppresion. Especially on the Transatlantic flights I always find myself on.

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 19
Yeah, I have forgotten my earbuds in the office at least two three times.
...and of course first figured out when I am sitting on the subway.

Nothing to be crazy about though. Just buy a newspaper to read and soon your back home...

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 19
This morning! I left most of my headphones at work last night, leaving only Koss Plugs and Senn HD201s at home. I refused to put the plugs on and to wear the 201s out, so I walked to work without music.
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 19
Not a chance.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I store spare pair of ibuds up my ***.

They must sound like crap.
tongue.gif

On another note, my SE530 finally bit the dust yesterday due to cable fraying, so I'll be without portable music for quite a while.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #9 of 19
Yeah, I've taken my iMod and headsix for nice trips a couple of times... finding my headphones weren't in my bag (beat-up MS1s at the moment, so not too expensive or delicate, I need to get something better for portable use... oh well) like I thought.

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They must sound like crap.
tongue.gif

I wouldn't worry about the sound...

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #12 of 19
I once went on a trip to my aunt...who lives 3hrs away...and i forgot my d2 and headphones....yeah it sucked.

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Thanks for letting us know!
popcorn.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #14 of 19
Yeah, it sucks.... once brought my UE Triple Fi's with me on a 4 day trip, but without the tips. Soooooo frustrating.... ended up using a pair of creative stock earbuds my mate had with him, and god did they suck....

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 19
It sounds like you are addicted to your headphones and are dependent on them. It's just like people that can't function without coffee. I'm so thankful I can do without both for long periods of time.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back