Have you ever feel like this with audio?
Dec 17, 2016 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

volvo12

New Head-Fier
https://www.facebook.com/BriansCustomAudio/videos/1287020988029488/

I am not sure if the video will play, but have you ever feel like that? Which equipment were you using?

Ps. This car have a custom sound system, even thought I am not sure about the real sound quality, it might be awesome or not specially because is a convertible. But let's forget about that and focus on her feeling!

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 4
You can read about your body releasing dopamine during times of excitement and pleasure.

Basically (and naturally) when the body feels good it rewards you by releasing dopamine and that's the body rush you experience, usually for around 2-3 seconds. I would experience this with my old car audio systems and do with earphones when the quality is good or at certain passages of music. A climax for example.

Its a cool sensation but I've found as the body becomes more immune to the level of sound quality the body rushes will lessen, the body is no longer as excited. You would probably find if that young lady listened to the system for a few weeks it would be a little harder to impress her naturally as her brain accustoms to the quality.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 4
https://www.facebook.com/BriansCustomAudio/videos/1287020988029488/

I am not sure if the video will play, but have you ever feel like that? Which equipment were you using?

Ps. This car have a custom sound system, even thought I am not sure about the real sound quality, it might be awesome or not specially because is a convertible. But let's forget about that and focus on her feeling!

Personally though in a car like that - no roof, engine behind your head - the real sound system is right behind your head, eight cylinders of music coming out of four pipes (well, three now) in the rear. It might sound good as in the place where it was recorded, but you're dealing with a LOT of ambient noise, more so if you're actually driving around in it. In short, you're getting a sound system that fits the price of that car, but you won't get to use it. Also the same reason why I'm a fan of the less appreciated Ferraris: the 456GT, 612 Scaglietti, the FF, and  the GTC4 Lusso (also Lambo's 400GT). They don't look as sedate as Aston Martins, they still sound like Ferraris when they rev, more practical (4seater - I can bring a large cat or dog, or a cat in a carrier; or children; or not so tall adults) and yet performs markedly better in every aspect compared to the CL (save for the 456GT's overtaking acceleration compared to the modern auto trannies, and more so with that on the CL65).

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 4
It might be a bought add as well :p. I guess you get more of open headphone sound in a cab but in a closed cabinet you can get some real bass pressure going :wink:. I would probably go for the basshead approach with car audio. It would work better for active noise cancelling if the car is not isolated enough for road/engine noise.

I have had a sensational experience just recently using a VR headset and Vr amp. (visualizer you can even interact with 1:1 motion controllers!). Using a chair I can go down to a 180 degree position turning around. I planning to complete the quest of nirvana with a Pearl Throne thumper to get even more one with the music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back