have wireless made any progress in recent years?
Dec 2, 2008 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xyz

100+ Head-Fier
a recent newsletter from ttvj got me wondering after seeing some senn wireless. are there wireless that can actually compare to the more tried and true models? still possible to amp/dac?

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a recent newsletter from ttvj got me wondering after seeing some senn wireless. are there wireless that can actually compare to the more tried and true models? still possible to amp/dac?

Although wireless headphones have gotten better on the whole in recent years, they still cost twice as much money as wired headphones of comparable sound quality.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 5
There sure have been some progress.
Still not on par with cabled headphones though, and especially not price vs. sound quality wise.

Who knows what the future will bring.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 5
For movies and TV watching I picked up a set of Sennheiser HDR 120s. They're okay for what they are- wireless headphones, and that's what they sound like. I would call their sound functional. Not audiophile by any means but to their credit they are sturdy, clear and pretty clean.

Compared to a set I had, say, 15 years ago, they have a much better sound, but not something you'll want to savor music with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back