Have the RE0's looking to buy ether the r-50s or JVC HA-FXT90s
Aug 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

highriser

New Head-Fier
If I have the RE0s are the r-50s going to be much the same sound signature only improved. I want something with somewhat more bass than the RE0s not rediculous, still balanced but something with more, so I was thinking maybe it would be more worth my money to go with the fxt90s because I will get a whole different experience of the music. 
Basically are the r-50s enough of an upgrade from the re0s or is it better to go with the fxt90s because I already have an IEM with an analytical sound signature?

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 6
The RE0 with a good clear source and and proper amp can sound better than both.
If you are going straight from an iPod the R-50 would be a good choice.
I find the FXT90 slightly lacking mids.

Have you considered the RE-400?

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 6
I am using them with my iPhone mostly and I do not have a headphone amp.
I have considered them but I was worried by the QC problems at hifiman. My re0 have lasted a couple months but I may have just gotten lucky with this pair.

I was leaning towards the fxt90s because I can get them at the same price as the re400s and every description I have seen of them has described them as fun and musical yet balanced. I want something to compliment the re0s by having more bass but still being balanced

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 6
I went down that same path of looking for more bass. The Fxt-90 were used for a while and now sitting in pouch with little use. I missed having the complete frequency range available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back