Have the itch to buy something new
Mar 19, 2015 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iNcontroL

New Head-Fier
So, I have the itch to buy some new equipment. I'm thinking my next purchase is gonna be some new headphones, but I'm not sure what to go for it.

I'm looking for something under $300, I'm hoping the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphones drop to $229 again in the next few months so I can pick those up for EDM and House music, but is there anything else I should look into? To be honest, I don't really hear much of a difference between my HD 598s and Q701s. I'm not sure if I'm just deaf or if there really isn't a big difference for me to pick up on. I'm hoping the 600 OHM DT 990s will have enough bass to wow me.

On that note, DT 990s or DT 880s? My focus is 50% Gaming / 40% Music / 10% Movies, but to be fair I pretty much listen to music anytime I'm playing games.

I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions!

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Correct me if I've heard wrong, but not many can hear the difference between the 600/250/80 Ohms models, though 600 Ohms models are supposed to be tighter or better control basswise. I have the DT990/600 and I like it a lot, if you want something that cost less and still sounds good like the DT990, consider a (used) Philips Fidelio X1.....it's one awesome can. I'd actually gotten my DT990/600 for less than what I'd paid for the X1, yet have no regrets getting the X1. Of course, I'd suggest you wait for more experienced HeadFiers to chime in with their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back