Have Senns Now & Want AKGs, But...
Oct 18, 2007 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jo6Pak

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure I would be gaining anything. I currently own a few pairs of Senn cans that I use in various situations. The pair that get the most use are the HD595s which are the go-to cans for use with my Original Master setup.

Although I am happy with all of the Senns, I'm tempted to know what else is out there that I may be missing, if anything. I just ordered a new DarkVoice 336i and figured this might be a good time to try some different cans. I have my eye on a pair of AKG K601s. They are similar in price to what the HD595s go for and are of similar impedance (120 vs 150 Ohms). I'm wondering if, perhaps, they are SO similar that there's really no point in going there. On the other hand, the AKGs may be different animals altogether, as compared to the Senns and may be well worth the endeavor.

Any comments/recommendations are welcome. However, I don't see me spending anymore than $300-ish on new cans to experiment with.

THANKS!

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 2
I replaced my HD595 with the K601 because the K601 did everything a little better: lows, mids, highs, soundstage, and comfort. The most noticeable difference was in the wide soundstage of the K601s. I wouldn't say they're completely difference animals, however. Are you looking to replace the HD595s or just complement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back