have Sansa clip ...should i get ipod touch?
Dec 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

angryrabbit

New Head-Fier
ok hear me out. I love my Sansa clip. The only thing i dont like is i have not been able to import any playlist to it successfully. So i have to scroll thru 100+ songs sometimes to get to the one I want. Anyways, its Xmas so i have an excuse to get something nice for myself. And i want ipod touch, but do you think the music quality will be worst compare to clip? I know the touch isnt made specifically for music so i need your opinions thanks!

Dec 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 31
Plus the iPod Touch is a ton of fun to use and very practical. Just wait until you start digging in the app store. Video store is sweet too. Speaking of, I need to get those Red Dwarf season to watch during lunch at work
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 31
I've owned 3 of the original Clips($50 at Wal-Mart)...bought 2 just to sell for cost to be nice. They do sound great but I prefer using my touch, and it's a 1G. The line out into my SR-71A amp does not suck.

So what are your monitors?

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line out into my SR-71A amp does not suck.

I've yet to try my 2g through my Predator ; the LOD I have from my Classic doesn't work on it. However, comparing the Classic + Predator vs the iPod Touch 2g alone, the iPod Touch comes damn close to being as good as the other combo. Slightly more presence in the treble for the iPod Touch and slightly stronger bass on the combo are about the only differences I can make out. Otherwise, soundstage, in particular, seems to be the same, which is why I'd really like to try it out with a LOD one day!

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 31
What I love about using the SR-71A is that it drives the crap out of HD-650...for a portable amp of course. I won't claim that my 1G touch has great SQ but I haven't been using it for much lately besides as a remote for iTunes...it still satisfies unamped with PFE or ER4P when needed.

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by angryrabbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i worried about spending 300 bux on the ipod and it sounds worst then the $25 clip. But i think you are right. Ipod touch is meant for many things.

What is the price of CLIP? Is it only 25 dollars? Maybe it is second hand one.

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 31
I would say that if you want to do other things like watch videos, surf the net, listen to music, and play games, then the Touch is a good alternative.

I have the 1G Touch (got it at launch) and I love it. That with a LOD to an amp sounds great. (Funny how the maker of that LOD I use posted before I did
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #11 of 31
If you don't want to splurge on a new one,the 1G Touch loads the new 3.1.2 version firmware just fine...

I have both and like the Clip for activity based music listening(hiking,cycling,et al)

The Touch is wonderful for those long waits in a doctor's office etc.

Great apps,games(Wolf RPG,yar)and Wi-Fi to fill in those dead spots life hands you sometimes!

Lately,since downloading the SIRIUS Satellite Radio App,I listen to my favorite sat radio channel on the Touch over my home wireless before drifting off to sleep,how sweet is that?

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #13 of 31
My suggest is using your budget to buy a decent IEMs or enven plus a decent amp to make a combo with your existing clip. By this way, you will have a very good sound quality upgrade.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #14 of 31
I LOVE my ipod touch.. it's a blast

I can get 3rd Gen, 32GB ipod touches for $245 all day long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back