Have Russ Andrews Senn cable coming
Apr 15, 2005 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
Well having made a joke or two at their prices I thought I'd give their 60day money back guarantee a go and have ordered a 2m Kimble based cable for my Senn 650s.

As they have £20 off for orders over £150 it's an opportune time to try it I suppose, the price increase by £65 for each extra meter so the cable had better be good!!

Hopefully the difference will be very noticable, well enough to merit keeping it. I'll be comparing it with an Oehlbach and the standard cable, will see if it fares better with the 600s as well.

FYI
Works out at £140 delivered in UK (about US$260)
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 6
I admire the company,the "no bulls*t" straight ahead common sense products that while a premium in price are not even close to the prices others charge for so called "upgrades".Many of the Russ andrews approaches to system isolation I tried and once tried stayed with as a fit for me and my system and the system ground block is also one tried (DIY version of course
evil_smiley.gif
) and was a keeper.

It is well known around here I do most of my cables DIY but I also have Kimber PBJs in system,the ones with the ultra-plate RCA plugs and have never felt a need to pull them for something else.
I like my audio "light" and that usually means no a lot of metal in the RCA plugs (as in some of these massive deigner plugs) mated to as little actual wire as I can have and the three wire braid has served me well over time when doing 2 meters or less lashups .Longer I now go straight to transformer balanced XLR.

And finally,the only commercial speaker cables I have personally used that were a fit for me are the Kimber 4TCs which again are nothing really fancy and there are other cables that do SOME things better but in the end a design that does most things right and is very equipment freindly

Apr 16, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Get off you horse and drink your milk

That's my John Wayne impression
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Get off you horse and drink your milk

That's my John Wayne impression
biggrin.gif

Bleh, I hate milk, and if my horse was here, good luck trying to catch me.
very_evil_smiley.gif
600smile.gif

Although sadly I don't think she'd care one way or the other about cable upgrades.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back