Have PFE's+Nuforce NE-7M's but listening to CX400's
Mar 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Zalithian

Headphoneus Supremus
But not because I think the CX400's are better. Sometimes it's just good to switch things up! The PFE's are great and I love them, but I haven't listened to my Nuforce NE-7M's or Senn CX400's since I got the PFE's so I thought I would. The 7's are sort of a middle ground between the Senn's and PFE's.

The Senn's are definitely the bassiest and least balanced but still decent clarity. Very laid back and warm sounding.

The Nuforce NE-7M's have noticeably more balanced bass but still more quantity than the PFE's. Mids on the Nuforce NE-7M's are a bit recessed. Still pretty laid back sounding and warm, but less so than the CX400's

The PFE's are the best for detail (with grey filters at least) and when you really have time to focus and enjoy your music. For me that's when I'm laying in bed or not doing something that commands my attention. Definitely the most accurate reproduction of the three though, but at $125 they should be. =p

So, what's the point of this post you ask? I guess I just wanted to remind everyone that every phone has a certain sound it offers and certain things it's good at or not good at. Don't limit yourself if you have the money
smily_headphones1.gif
Use the best phones for the time and don't be a zealot!
biggrin.gif

For anyone curious - my music is 95% 192+ CBR or VBR, Cowon D2 is my source. It's not a review so I doubt it matters, but just for anyone who was wondering.

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 2
I categorize all my phones into a specific category as well, by different sound signatures they give. I use 530's and D1001 when I like a balanced sound yet deep bass extension (by default I tend to lean to bassy side of the spectrum, as evident from my choice of 'phones), PX100 for warm and comfortable listening, use the KSC75's and SR60's for times I want sparkle, and Marshmallows/UE5EB/Pro's for any time whenever I'm in a party-like bass mood.

Part of the reason why I tend not to sell my 'phones as they each offer something that others may not. Only one right now I'm contemplating of selling are the SE210's as they don't really stand out in anything (perhaps mids, but I got SR60 and 530's for that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back