Have new set up Frii X3 and PSB M4U 2. Any sub £100 portable amp to improve battery life and sound (bass specifically)
Nov 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

redwookie

New Head-Fier
Hi.  I have upgrade my portable set up to be Frii X3 that will be loaded with FLAC tunes that cover a range of genres, but bass being quite prevalent. Also my first over ear headphones of PSB M4U 2.  I am wondering whether to invest in an amp to get the most out of my new set up and wanted to scope whether a sub £100 portable amp would be worth it.  Note: by portable it will be for when I travel on trains, planes etc rather than when on foot.

My research indicates that the Frii X3 battery life is around 10 hours possibly less.  What ball park extension to this life could a sub £100 portable amp give ie 10% , 25% extension.

Based on my research it seems that the suitability of an amp depends a lot on the headphones and their impedance (?). However, I have no context to determine whether the PSB M4U 2 has high, average or low impedance and which amps (if any) would compliment them.  Any guidance?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Usman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back