Have JVC Marshmallows, thinking about KSC75?
Oct 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

quadomatic

New Head-Fier
Right now I'm using a set of kramer modded JVC masrhmallows. They're not bad. I used to use JVC Marshmallows before using skullcandy smokin ink'd buds, but the bass on the skullcandys wasn't nearly as good. Neither was the seal created by bud.

I've been playing around with the settings on my RB'd Sansa C250, and while the bass is pretty strong and relatively clear, the mid's and high's seems fairly weak.

I was thinking about getting a pair of KSC75s. People seemed to have a lot of praise for them. Would there be a considerable improvement with KSC75s, kramer modded and using plantronics doughnut cushions? Also, how uncomfortable are the clips? Using a headband would make them considerably less portable so I'm not sure I would want to have to use a headband.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 5
The KSC75's are a sizable upgrade from kramered Marshmallows in treble, detail, clarity, separation, and headstage. The clips are not at all uncomfortable (for me at least - see impressions in my sig). They can be re-shaped for a better fit. The headband mod is not worth bothering with IMO.

Keep in mind that you will lose all isolation and a bit of bass quantity moving from Marshmallows to KSC75s.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 5
I have a pair of KSC75s and Sportapros and they sound great in the mids and bass, even... EXCEPT for a bit of a fluttering sound if you set low freq too high (or if you have a bass boost function on your player or you're listening to a drum & bass song). I hear it all the time when I set the volume too loud and I listen to Poker Face by Lady Gaga. It's easily reproduced when I hook it up to my receiver/PC and isolate the lower frequencies.

I have to turn off my bass boost when I use my KSC75s or Sportapros.

Edit: There's no flutter if you keep the volume pretty low but the Koss don't isolate sound at all. I HAVE to turn it up if I still want to hear it outside.

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Ugh...I temporarily forgot that I would lose isolation with KSC75s...I hate not having isolation. That was the first thing I loved about using IEMs. I don't think I can go back.

Thanks for the info everybody

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 5
You can always just upgrade your IEM
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back