Have anyone ever audition Beats by dre?
Apr 5, 2010 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
The volume is WAAAYYYY TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!! And for some reason, theres a button which makes it EVEN LOUDER which is very ridiculous. I have almost gone deaf listening to them for 5 seconds and feel sorry for the kid next to me who puts them on for about 2-3 minutes.
ph34r.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The volume is WAAAYYYY TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!! And for some reason, theres a button which makes it EVEN LOUDER which is very ridiculous. I have almost gone deaf listening to them for 5 seconds and feel sorry for the kid next to me who puts them on for about 2-3 minutes.
ph34r.gif

lol the loud button is the best part ^_^

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol the loud button is the best part ^_^

the best part for your audiologist in 30 years, at least - he will love the extra business

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 23
A friend of mine bought them and I tried them... but I didn't noticed there was a 'LOUD' button.

cheers!

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine bought them and I tried them... but I didn't noticed there was a 'LOUD' button.

cheers!

I believe he's referring to the in-store demos... There's a button for playback (which is abnormally loud) and then there's a button that says "loud" on it and to be honest, I think it's just a bluff. I think if you press it, then the headphone transforms into a robot and destroys all near by competing products.

Hey, if there's one company that could afford a headphone demo that transformed into a robot of destruction it's Monster Cables.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #9 of 23
I heard a set on a demo setup. Honestly at full volume they were no were near LOUD to me. Even with the Loud button it was a average level to me. Of course i'm sure these setups are not all the exact same.
happy_face1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 23
I have, and did not like what I heard.
Especially not when taking the price tag into consideration.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #13 of 23
They sound like crap.

The Best Buy near me has them being demoed right next to Koss Portapros. The sound quality difference between the two is night and day, but I suspect the Dr. Dre headphones are outselling the Portapros by quite a bit.

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #14 of 23
Auditioned them in a store and listened to a pair my friend owns. was not impressed, specially with the price tag. very bassy with little detail

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #15 of 23
It would seem like Monster is just not quality-controlling this product. Even more so with the Solo. Its IEMs seem good, though. Somewhere else, people have compared different pairs of Beats Studio and have said that they do not sound the same. Or cancel out the same amount of noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back