Have any of you found your holy grail?
Dec 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #31 of 59
I would have to choose the Denon D2000 for home use. I am a little disappointed in my RE-262 but they have yet to burn in fully.

I like my Klipsch S4, however after listening to my D2000 they really sound hollow, empty and like there's nothing there.

I wish I could find portable IEM alternatives to my D2000..

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #32 of 59
You're journey seems like it is just beginning. If so, I am a middle level guy, and the Radius HP-TWF21 (aka DDM2) is the closest I have found to D2000 sound in an IEM.  

Quote:
I would have to choose the Denon D2000 for home use. I am a little disappointed in my RE-262 but they have yet to burn in fully.
I like my Klipsch S4, however after listening to my D2000 they really sound hollow, empty and like there's nothing there.
I wish I could find portable IEM alternatives to my D2000..

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 59
I've owned Beats Tour (first mistake), Bose MIE2i (second one), Klipsch S4i, B&W C5 and P5, and now Westone UM3X and a pair of Shure SE215s. I'm very happy with the UM3X for solid any time listening, but the Shures give them a run for their money when it comes to fun sound. I'd say the UM3X is the holy grail, but the Shures are at least a shroud of Turin.

The Beats were that one cup the Nazi drank from that turned him into a skeleton.

"He chose...poorly."

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #34 of 59

Quote:
You're journey seems like it is just beginning. If so, I am a middle level guy, and the Radius HP-TWF21 (aka DDM2) is the closest I have found to D2000 sound in an IEM.  

I guess you could say that. I've been into headphones and such for about half of my life (still got those expensive walkmans for $150 in my basement somewhere), but seeing as I'm in my early 30s, I'd say it's still just the beginning. I've got at least a good 30 years left to collect and find my holy grail, and I'm in no hurry. 

I'll take a look at those IEMs. Thanks mate!

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #36 of 59
Quote:
No such thing.  The holy grail is temporary until you find or search for something better.

This one speaks the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #37 of 59

Quote:
I've owned Beats Tour (first mistake), Bose MIE2i (second one), Klipsch S4i, B&W C5 and P5, and now Westone UM3X and a pair of Shure SE215s. I'm very happy with the UM3X for solid any time listening, but the Shures give them a run for their money when it comes to fun sound. I'd say the UM3X is the holy grail, but the Shures are at least a shroud of Turin.
The Beats were that one cup the Nazi drank from that turned him into a skeleton.
"He chose...poorly."

The se215 is nothing special and sounds rather muddy. I can say right now i don't like my pair all that much.

Also i will never reach that holy grail. I will never find that unfatiguing yet fun/aggressive sound signature i want.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #41 of 59
I am extremely content with my JH16 and don't see myself upgrading for at least 2 years. And for the full-size, I am extremely satisfied with my AKG K702. I think both of their sound signatures complement one another and make for a refreshing musical experience regardless which headphone I decide to go with.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #42 of 59
^ Looks like you've earned yourself a solid victory, ha ha ha... and that's my cue. Sleepy time...

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #43 of 59
Agreed.

Quote:
Quote:

bcasey25raptor said:

Also i will never reach that holy grail. I will never find that unfatiguing yet fun/aggressive sound signature i want.

*cough* FX700 *cough* 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #44 of 59
Holy Grail? Not as of yet. I love the Shure sound sig (check out my username!) but their phones/cans are missing a few things I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back