Have any of the Canon powershot SD*** camera owners here experienced lcd problems?
May 23, 2005 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm pretty much set on getting a canon ps sd200 or 300, but after doing a lot of research, there appears to a widespread lcd ******-up epidemic. Just wondering if any of you any guys have. I really want to get one quick, and the powershots are exactly what I need, a small point and shoot.

May 23, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 9
I just got an SD200 recently (see my wimpy camera thread) and I haven't had any problems with anything on it. The LCD seems sturdy. In fact, if anything's going to break, I'd be it's the battery door.

May 23, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 9
i have a 4 year old canon S30 powershot. no LCD issues, just a problem with the 5-way nav button. and the pictures are out of this world... better even than those of many digital SLRs i've seen.

May 23, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'm pretty much set on getting a canon ps sd200 or 300, but after doing a lot of research, there appears to a widespread lcd ******-up epidemic. Just wondering if any of you any guys have. I really want to get one quick, and the powershots are exactly what I need, a small point and shoot.

I'm about to order the SD200 or 300 myself, in a few weeks. I was about to fall back to the S410 because of the seemingly large number of lcd issues mentioned by people online, but then again it's still only a handful of complaints out of thousands of IXUS/SD owners. My coworker has an IXUS40 (aka sd300) and has been tossing it about and using it in Germany and the US almost on a daily basis, and it's been flawless.

People have mentioned that Canon won't fix the lcd for free, even under the 1 year warranty. My first choice for SD200 was beachcamera (high seller rating, good $218 pricetag). Now I'm thinking that I'll buy from Newegg instead, because it's only about 20 bucks more and they have their own 1-year warranty on electronics. Now the only question to ask would be if Newegg covers all defects under their warranty.

May 24, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 9
I've owned a powershot sd300 since December, and so far (knock on wood) no problems.

May 24, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks guys. Whoah . . still not 100% sure . . but Im def leaning towards. They do say you can replace the lcd of $40. (DIY repair) . . . now to choose b/w the sd200 and 300 . . .

May 24, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Go with the sd300. It takes good pictures, much better than my brother in law's sony 4mp camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back