Have Any Headphones Taken KSC-35's Crown?
Mar 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

KSC35Matt

New Head-Fier
Eight years ago I asked on another headphone forum for the best cheapish headphones for general use and exercise, and was recommended the Koss KSC-35's. I've had them for eight years I have LOVED them to pieces, so much so that they are almost in pieces.

Just before I order myself a new pair of KSC-35's (I don't want to risk getting KSC-75's back in replacement), have any headphones taken the KSC-35's crown for best cheapish headphones?

Criteria for me:
- I don't like in-ear butt plugs
- I will be exercising with these headphones
- I've already got big headphones for stationary use
- Max budget is about $80 (I live in UK £50)
- Would be nice if there isn't a plastic bar running behind the back of the head as I'd like to wear them in bed

Thanks in advance

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 8
Mar 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Nope. KSC 35 are still great. I hate earbuds cuz they fall out. And if you're exercising or moving its even worse. Plus you can find the KSC 35s for a good price on the net.

*reminds me i should pick up a pair
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 8
Yes, the G2A are great for a somewhat different sound signature.

But I don't think Koss would replace your KSC35 with a KSC75, seeing as how the KSC35 is still produced/sold.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

But I don't think Koss would replace your KSC35 with a KSC75, seeing as how the KSC35 is still produced/sold.

A few years ago they did this very thing to me. I had to call and argue a bit and point out that the KSC35 was still sold on their web site so I wanted my broken 35 to be replaced with a 35 instead of the 75 that I was sent. Koss tried to convince me that they were the same and the 75 was the upgraded version of the 35. In the end, Koss did ship me a replacement set of 35s and I sent back the 75.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really prefer the KSC-75 to the 35. The clip is better, more comfortable, adjustable, sound is the same, all around better!

This is not exactly true as the KSC75 drivers are modified (Titanium-coated) derivatives of the KSC35 drivers. Not having any KSC35s, I've put PortaPro drivers on the KSC75 clips to simulate the experience. There's some noticeable differences in the sound, though I can easily see someone preferring the 75s.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 8
I agree that the sound is a bit different. The KSC35 is warmer is the best way I can describe the difference. Still, if I were buying them new today the KSC75 is a better value and may be a preferable sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back