Have a good Memorial Day weekend and let us not forget~
May 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

imho

500+ Head-Fier

Hello everyone,

I consider myself a conscientious objector and believe that all humans beings are able to communicate and resolve conflicts in a civilized and peaceful manner. Unfortunately, reality dictates that as long as human beings have been in existence, there has always been violence.

A lot of people around the world have died fighting for what they believe in so that we can sit here and read forums on the internet and talk about head-phones instead of killing each other.

In rememberance of Memorial Day, I would like to thank all who have fought and died for us around the world.

The two pictures below are from the Vietnam War and Korean War Memorials in Washington D.C. When you get to Washington D.C. stop by. It will take your breath away. Drove me to tears (remember, a lot these men were under 25 years of age). So tragic.

May peace be with you and your loved ones!

May 28, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 9
Yes.We should remember what this day is really about.It's much more than just another holiday or another day off from work but something special and is one of the reasons that we enjoy the freedoms that we got today.

May God bless every since man and woman in the service of this country.

I wish there was a smiley with a salute.

May 29, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 9
Godspeed and thanks to all those who have fought and are currently fighting. You will never be forgotten.

May 29, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 9
Amen. Freedom isn't free...

May 29, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 9
Thank you for this thread.
smallflag.gif

You are not forgotten.

May 29, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Great thread.Being someone who had friends that were killed during the Vietnamn war,I wish that we didn't have to lose good people in armed conflicts.

May 29, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 9
May peace be the only thing in the future of our existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back