Hava CAL! 100$ to replace it. Is denon d1100 ok? Or maybe kingston hyperx cloud ?
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
As in title. I can get denon d1100 for a good price. Seems to be very comfortable with nice warm/bassy sound quality but very mixed opinions on build quality.

Or I can get kingston hyperx cloud hedset and just remove the mic. It is fantasticly built. Have memory foam pads. It is basically qpad90 and takstar pro80 headphone.

I would like a removable cord but none of those have it. I think I am leaning towards denond d1100 but something tells me to get kingston for its build quality... although I know that additional mic jack cable will be annoying me.

Maybe other recommendations ?

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 15
Had the d1100 and bought the hyperx few hours ago, and these headsets are wow wow wow! Their literally 70% of my denon d5000 sound, they sound so good for their price it's a steal, buy the hyper x, don't even argue with me, I'll review them later when I have time.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 15
And as for durability their both good, if ur gonna use it for computer get the hyperx cloud, since the mic and included accessories are really useful, the head adjustment mechanism is sturdier Im the denon, but the rest are equal in terms of quality, the hyperx cloud has more openess due to driver size, and is zero fatiguing, the denon is warmer and into mid lows a lot, both don't go low of the lows which is normal for this price range.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 15
heh, thanks for answerw. A bit too late as I've got brainwavz hm5 month ago and don't regret it :D Maybe I could go for hyperx which is cheaper but I am glad I've pushed a little bit more for brainwavz. Very comfy and sound excellent.

That way or another, if brainwavz wasnt available at the time of my purchase, I would get hyperx too.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 15
  heh, thanks for answerw. A bit too late as I've got brainwavz hm5 month ago and don't regret it :D Maybe I could go for hyperx which is cheaper but I am glad I've pushed a little bit more for brainwavz. Very comfy and sound excellent.

That way or another, if brainwavz wasnt available at the time of my purchase, I would get hyperx too.

I have the Gemini HSR-1000 (same as the Takstar Pro 80s).
And to me it's the best sounding headphones, for under $100.
I'm guessing if Sony put their name on them they would sell for $150.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 15

By all means the brainwavz hm5 seems like an awesome headphones! I've only heard of them from u, just finished reading reviews about them and guys are comparing them to the hd600 (300$) and the Beyerdynamic-T1 (1000$) !!!! So they seems to sound good, and looks very comfy, their a great choice but would assume would lack so bass, anyway ur not like me, the sole purpose for the hyperx over other real headphones is the mic and other gaming accessories, if I didn't need the mic I would just stayed with my ahd5000, but brainwavz are definitly on my try list.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 15
yeah. I was not looking for a mic.
I didn't find hm5 lacking in bass actually as I was expecting. It sounds bassy where it needs to be and can deliver a punch. There is just no constant warm bassy depth in the background of the music if You know what I mean.
The music just plays as it should and bass only jumps onto the scene when needed. Some might like it and some don't. It surely adds to the clarity but I still find listening to electronic music or even dubstep very very enjoyable.

And You just cannot beat the 2 pairs of huge comfy memory foam pads(some say I am a memory foam predator as I just love the damn thing) + 2 thick detachable cords of very good quality.

The one con I could find is that they could be clamping way too hard for some people. But thanks to that + huge pillows, the seal is almost too much. It blocks the in and out sound completely like working pair of sound isolation head phones. And yet they sound openish. how curious. + My gf just loves me much more as No sound leaks outside whatsoever. Nothing like beating smelter demon with loud epic music while she sleeps in the same room :D
The headband stretches over time, so my head don't hurt as much as it did month ago but it still needs some time.

The build quality is also surprisingly good. Plastics are matt and rubbery. headband is metal inside too. Forks are one piece plastic and it looks sturdy. But with such insane clamping force, I hope it will stay that way. as for now, nothing is creeking or seems to be stressing to much. The set seems very durable. There are even rubber zimmerings in a place where fork and cups meet! So everything doesnt turn on it's own or rattles. that's great idea and no review covered that.
I love the looks but wouldnt go outside with this. For some it might look like i have huge big macs on sides of my head. it's not an urban queen... that's for sure.

ok sorry. I am going way too much into this :p

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 15
looool yes u are! to be honest they seem like an awesome headphones to rant all day long about loool!, yes I`ve read about the clamping thing, but I see it as a pro more than a con, since as u said it will block all the noise and with these huge airbags on cups it feels like a sport luxury car seats for ur ears lol.

no way u go out with them ( fearing they would get damaged or scratched!!) I personally never ever go out with my over the ear headphones, even if I travel I usually just pick up my 2nd headphone ( currently the hyperx cloud) but for portability I got the Fiio x3 paired with Vsonic Gr07 BE, which are more than enough ( which I surprisingly found out that they sound better than the cloud but with less soundstage of course).

as for the bass I`m glad they work out for u, as I said I havn`t tried them, but their defiantly on my wishlist!.
anyway seems like ur a dubstepper like me so I`ll gift u this
https://soundcloud.com/trapmusic/twerk-by-diamond-pistols-ft
and
https://soundcloud.com/diamondpistols/gas-pedal-diamond-pistols-1
enjooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! these will definitly boost up ur brainwavz ( pun intended!) :wink:

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 15
Thanks!

I've something for You too !
https://soundcloud.com/fauxtales/atlas

edit: I am still wondering if I should get something other than xonar dg. I dont want to spend too much tho

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #10 of 15
nice!! a bit laid back for my taste, this song reminds me when I was in Libya in 2011, fits with the whole theme where everything is just falling apart, 
as for your question regarding xonar dg, it depends on your level of audiophilness, personally I think the best value for the money, DAC/amp is the Creative soundblaster E5, as I`ve read it has the same components as the highly regarded titanium HD so it must sound pretty good, and with an internal amp supporting up to 600amp headphones, its currently the besty option for budget audiophiles who also happen to be gamers, it also support android devices, bluetooth connectivity and other neat features. 
http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5
a bit costy I know, currently I am running my hyperx cloud with creative soundblaster x-fi HD external DAC/ somewhat amp, which sounds great and has enough gain to support the cloud. but if I am able to sell the x-fi HD and my titanium HD I would definitely get the E5. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 15
it also has a built in mic and a battery for portability, hmmm can`t wait to get my hands on one of these, true audio companion for everything, 200$ doesn`t seem too high with all this hardware and features. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #13 of 15
yup their back!, other manufacturers most brace themselves, they had the market for the longest time, creative needs its throne back lol

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #14 of 15
  nice!! a bit laid back for my taste, this song reminds me when I was in Libya in 2011, fits with the whole theme where everything is just falling apart, 
as for your question regarding xonar dg, it depends on your level of audiophilness, personally I think the best value for the money, DAC/amp is the Creative soundblaster E5, as I`ve read it has the same components as the highly regarded titanium HD so it must sound pretty good, and with an internal amp supporting up to 600amp headphones, its currently the besty option for budget audiophiles who also happen to be gamers, it also support android devices, bluetooth connectivity and other neat features. 
http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5
a bit costy I know, currently I am running my hyperx cloud with creative soundblaster x-fi HD external DAC/ somewhat amp, which sounds great and has enough gain to support the cloud. but if I am able to sell the x-fi HD and my titanium HD I would definitely get the E5. 

It looks like the SB-E5 uses the same DAC chip (CS4398) as the SB-Z, so I would think the older Titanium-HD would still be better sounding (at least a little).
I would think a Titanium-HD with an external headphone amplifier, would offer the better over all sound, over the SB-E5.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #15 of 15
Yup the titanium HD is becoming a benchmark for all the other DACs in this price range, problem is if ur like me having it sitting between 2 gpus in matx case u wont enjoy much quality with all the hizing which I don't think it's coming from the amp. I would sacrifice minor sound quality for having a neat device such as e5 doing everything, the kicker for me is that in the Bluetooth features one can use the same headphones that are connected to the e5 to listen through their iPad on their bed like I always do, so I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging headphones on and off, and I get to enjoy the same sound quality as desktop, so the device is not confined to the computer at least to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back